STDs Community
Syphilis and hiv

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Syphilis and hiv

I recently had a sexual incounter with a man who I met on craigslist. I did not find out anything about his std/hiv status but it was a weird situation. I ended up performing oral sex and him on me (for few mins no cumming), fingering his ***, and protected anal sex on him (few mins and no cumming). Afterwards I immediately freaked out and started taking some antibiotics, which was probably not smart in case of std. After a few days my throat was a tad sore and tongue started to turn white. So I went to the doctor and they tested for strep and came back negative. They gave me an intermusclar shot for gonherra and some antibodies if it was chymida. I start thinking I might of contracted hiv or syphilis though. I noticed that the finger I used to finger him with was starting to peel in a circle like area on tip of the finger and the area I live in is high in syphilis breakouts 310 most in cases mwm in a town of 100,000. Now I know it takes a while for a chancer to appear but its weird that it showed up a day or two after and I saw that you can catch syphilis through fingering and orally. Now the shot that I probably would cure syphilis as well but im curious to know what you think my chances of catching hiv with it. I have had some swealing of my neck lymph nodes and I see random red spots appear on my palms. also I still have some white stuff on my tongue. its been about five days since ive gotten the shot and antibiotics. syphilis is known to increase chances of hiv and I know these areas aren't particularly known to catch hiv. but should I be worried? also if I get tested for syphilis now I wont know if I ever had it because they gave me the shot that would probably cure it as well. im really scarred and it wont leave my mind
310 in 100000 is .003 chance, not really all that high when you look at the numbers. Syphilis does not show that soon and you are not going to get syphilis on your finger.

HIV questions post in the HIV forum please.