Syphilis concerns
Hi there. So I recently finished being treated for Syphilis with 28 days on Doxycycline. By the time I got tested for a penicillin allergy the 28 days was over and my doctor said wait 6 months and get checked. My concern is I could have possibly had this for a maximum of 2.5 years. I foolishly had only gotten HIV tests assuming Syphilis would show immediate and obvious symptoms. My question is what kind of "damage" could this have caused to my body. Everything online just says serious damage but there is never any clarification. I'm going to see another infectious disease specialist with more experience to get his opinion, but does anyone know anything that I should be aware of or keep an eye on in terms of "damage" to my body?
See the replies in your other thread; no point in two discussions.  But I'm glad to see you're seeing an ID specialist.
Oops, my mistake! You had a comment in another thread and thought you had been the primary questioner there as well is here. Sorry for any confusion.

If you had no symptoms at the time your syphilis was diagnosed, don't worry. Most cases cause no serious health problems for many years. You'll need several blood tests over the next couple of years, but if those show a good response to treatment, all will be well.  Your ID specialist probably will tell you pretty much the same thing.