STDs Community
Syphilis for 8 years

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Syphilis for 8 years

What treatment is needed for syphilis over 8 years? I first got tested positive at age of 15 and took penicillin (benzathine) but it's not helping at all. it would go and resurface with sore around my penis and lips peeling with scarf. Last month test ( VDRL) was negative but when I had sex this month my partner got syphilis from me. I am confused and need help.
did you have the penicillin shot when you were originally diagnosed?

how long have you been with this partner?  when were they last tested for syphilis before you?

grace
HEY I WAS A VICTIM OF SYPHILIS I HAD IT FOR 3MONTHS WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT.. BUT I WAS CLEARED FROM IT ALL BECAUSE I GOT UP TO 7 SHOTS IN MY BUTT ONLY BECAUSE IM WITH CHILD BUT MY OB/GYN DOCTOR TOLD ME I WAS CLEAN BUT NOW I WAS RECOMMENDED TO GO TO A REGULAR DOCTOR AND GET I THINK ITS CALLED A NEGATIVE CLASS REPORT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT THE MORE SHOTS YOU GET THE BETTER IT TURNS OUT TO BE GUD NEWS..
when i first saw the symptons, i was afraid and hide it from my parents until after six months. my father took me to hospital and I was positive with syphilis. I was placed on penicillin for three days but the situation didn't improve. after a week I got back to the hospital and was placed on three weeks benzathine penicillin. It subsided for for a while and started with my penis and lip peeling. Since then, my labs test has been negative and I have stop having unsafe sex for the last eight months due to my condition.
Cuz when ever i try having sex without condom my partner will get infected with syphillis (syphilis) but my lab test will be negative which is very worrying for me. I am also using this lotion DIAPROSALIC which helps with the peeling but when i stop it starts coming back. It present I do not have a partner due to my condition.I was last tested two months ago and my result was negative. I really need solution. Please help me out of tjis.
Hey Florianog I am in a similar situation like u about 9 or 10 yrs ago I was treated for syphilis and was told that everything would be iight by my doctor but that's wasn't the case. I started feeling a burning sensation whenever I urine and ejaculate in my partner. Then she started to feel same and discharge along with a sore on her private. On my skill I started to see some wart like spots they are dark they are on my hands and back. During the summer months this year  August to be exact me and my partner decided to see a doctor concerning the situation. The doctor ran some test we did a screening test for syphilis (VDRL) and HIV. The HIV came back negative but the RPR test for VDRL came back positive for syphilis with a value of 1.16 for me and 1.8 for my partner. We were then giving one dose of benzathine penicillin and some tablets because we were travelling and was told to see a doctor on our arrival. we were also giving a copy of our medical records to show the other doctor. This doctor had us  take a TPHA to confirm whether or not it was Treponema pallidum the results came back and it was positive for me and negative for my partner however we both did 3 weeks of benzathine penicillin . We were given 3 shots one every week for 3 weeks of benzathine penicillin. It has been one month since and I am still having symptoms I am told that I need to wait until 3 months before I visit the doctor again. I am worried.
so initially you had oral penicillin as treatment?

then you had a shot of penicillin once a week for 3 weeks?

am I understanding your treatments properly?

just peeling skin isn't a syphilis symptom. continue to follow up with a dermatologist as needed for that issue.

you are testing negative for syphilis.  how long have you been with your current partner?  

I dont have a partner now because of my condition. I would really love to have one at this time but afraid to infect the person. I also need a child cuz I dont have any but again I'm afraid to go around people (female). I just need help with medication for someone with such sickness for over 8 years.
you are testing negative for syphilis. why do you think you still have it?
I believe to have syphilis cuz eight months ago I had sex without condon and my partner at that time got tested positive with syphilis and I was negative. Because of that she left me and I am single now.
your p artner obviously had it when they came into the relationship and didn't know it.

did you have repeat syphilis testing 6 weeks after you had sex with that partner?