Syphilis risks
Recently I was at a gay health club and engaged in some mutual masturbation, including fingering the man's anus.  my hands did not have any open cuts, etc, except for a very small cut that was scabbed over on my knuckle. The scab was still intact after the incident. After the incident I quickly washed my hands.  I am now worried about contacting syphilis due to the fingering, is there any real risk of getting syphilis on my fingers and hands?
Welcome to the forum.

Syphilis is rarely if ever transmitted by hand-genital contact, fingering, etc.  Given the cut on your finger, I cannot say the risk was zero -- but it was awfully close to it.  Without penile-vaginal, -anal, or (rarely) -oral penetration, you can assume no risk and no need for testing.

I hope this helps. Best wishes--  HHH, MD