STDs Expert Forum
Syphilis risks
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Syphilis risks

Recently I was at a gay health club and engaged in some mutual masturbation, including fingering the man's anus.  my hands did not have any open cuts, etc, except for a very small cut that was scabbed over on my knuckle. The scab was still intact after the incident. After the incident I quickly washed my hands.  I am now worried about contacting syphilis due to the fingering, is there any real risk of getting syphilis on my fingers and hands?