Syphilis sore
How long does it take for a Syphilis chancre to completely heal and/or vanish?

I recently noticed a small sore on the underside of my foreskin and quickly identified it as a probable syphilis chancre. This was confirmed by my doctor, and  a blood test showed that I was syphilis reactive. I just received the single dose [2 injection sites] penicillin treatment 5 days ago, and the chancre has diminished noticably in size & skin-depth, especially in the first few days.

I forgot completely to ask the doctor how long the healing process would take...

Please advise - thanks!!!
Sounds like it's clearing up on schedule.  Syphilitic chancres usually start to heal within 2-3 days and, if small in size, completely clear up within 2 weeks.  If your sore doesn't heal, it wasn't syphilis:  there is no such thing as syphilis resistance to penicillin.

Good luck--  HHH, MD