STDs Community
Syphilis.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Syphilis.

Goodnight I would to get some advice on syphilis. How long does it for someone who it is tested positive for Syphilis.
How long does it takes for someone who it is tested positive and has been treated for 3 weeks for syphilis to go away? I have been tested and my vdrl showed 1.16. Secondly can you reinfect yourself during treatment from masturbating?
I just contracted it myself a few weeks ago and have since done a lot of research on it... Takes about a week or so... But 2 to 3 weeks after getting it you should have some sores on or around your penis... dont take a chance get tested...
your vdrl could be positive for weeks/months or even a lifetime. once you've had syphilis, we recommend confirmatory testing if your vdrl comes back as +.

no, you won't give it back to yourself.

grace
Thank you Grace I did do a comfirmation test using TPHA and RPR both were positive. RPR screening test has a value of 1.16 wat stage would this place me in according to syphilis stages. In August I was tested for both HIV and Syphilis, HIV came bck negative but my RPR came bck with a value of 1.16. I have experience symptoms like cold sweat, fever, abdominal pain and a few black spots on my skin and on my penis. I am concern besides that I have been on treatment since October I receive three shots 1 per week for 3 weeks. When do I go be to see the doctor? How long will the medication stay in my body? I have notice that the fever and cold sweating is going done but not completely.
Thank you Keffer9522.
I did do a comfirmation test using TPHA and RPR both were positive. RPR screening test has a value of 1.16 wat stage would this place me in according to syphilis stages. In August I was tested for both HIV and Syphilis, HIV came bck negative but my RPR came bck with a value of 1.16. I have experience symptoms like cold sweat, fever, abdominal pain and a few black spots on my skin and on my penis. I am concern besides that I have been on treatment since October I receive three shots 1 per week for 3 weeks. When do I go be to see the doctor? How long will the medication stay in my body? I have notice that the fever and cold sweating is going done but not completely.
you should repeat your testing in 3 months if you are concerned that your syphilis wasn't cleared up. thankfully it responds well to treatment.

your other symptoms most likely aren't syphilis related. follow up on them  now with your provider for better answers.
thank you  once again
It has been a month now since I have been treated  no severe cold sweating like before however the fever like symptoms are still present along with wart like spot on hands and back . At present when ever I urine or not I can feel a burning sensation. I am very worried I am sure the treat will take some time before I can see and feel much better. Any advise.
have you seen your doctor for your rashes?
Yes gracefromHHP  I did and was told that it was because of the Syphilis. I have had this disease for more than 8 yrs. I am sure that I will have to do more treatment in the coming months. In a month's time when I will see the doctor again. I have seen a little improvement can't wait to get rid of this disease.
Can I masturbate while undergoing treatment for syphilis cause I have and been getting burning sensation when I ejaculate and when ever I urinate.  Should I be worried that I am reinfection myself or that isn't possible?
masturbation wouldn't be an issue.

if you are having burning with urination, see your doctor or an urologist.
Thank you gracefromHHP
Are suggesting Grace that I see my doctor back even though I have undergoing treatment and is due to see him back at the end of this month.
Hey Grace seen the doctor and it appears that the first treatment didn't work well because I am still experiencing the symptoms. So he is going to give me bck the doses for three week again. Any advice?
Goodday Grace my doctor is about to put me on another set of penicillin spots for the next 3 weeks one shot every week. He exam me and looked at the spots which he says are warts. He told me that my treatment will take a while longer before I start to see any improvements. The urine has bacteria that's why I am getting burns whenever I urinate. Thanks again for your advice. Does syphilis developed antibiotic resistance to the point where penicillin can no longer be used to kill them?
sounds like your provider is treating you again needlessly.

are you getting treated for the bacteria in your urine?

are you getting your warts removed?
Well the treatment is for syphilis because I was still experiencing symptoms like sore throat and fever as a result he said that he has to give me a second dose of treatment. the burning sensation when urine and the warts were as a result of the syphilis.

Can you say if syphilis develops antibiotic resistance to the point where penicillin can no longer be used to kill them?
thankfully we don't see antibiotic resistance to syphilis.

I think you need to be seeking out a 2nd opinion from a different provider.