STDs Community
Syphilis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Syphilis

Hello..again
Im received oral sex from CSW last 10 weeks.During the intercourse i dont see any visible ulser/blister/canker at her mouth.but dont know if there was ulser in her mouth.My question is:
1.How about my chance to get syphilis to my genital without any visible canker?
2. can canker be in the mouth?
3.If the canker in her mouth, can i still get syphilis?how about saliva ,can salive will be barrier like protection from hiv?
4. How likely i infected with syphilis?please help me.
Hi and welcome. Syphlils in the country is not something really being spread around alot so i would not be to concerned about exposure to it. Yes its can be in her mouth but oral sex is low risk for contracting things. HIV would not be a concern at all.
If your worried then go have some tests to ease your mind/
Hello ..
already test about 2weeks after exposure with vdrl but medhelp people test was conclusive after 6weeks. how much my chance if negative about 2weeks with vdrl with oral episode to become positive?now 10weeks already still wait until 12 weeks for full test.Life360..may i have your opinion.
thank you
Like they mentioned, 6 weeks is conclusive. Negative results after 2 weeks good chance as need time to detect the antibodies. Why wait 12 weeks when 6 weeks is best, Again there is not much of this going around and thats why medhelp dosent have a specific forum for it. Im sure you dont have it.
Thank you Life360.
I think I will test tomorrow to clear my mind.If negative that should be conclusive right.One question for you
1. If we have syphilis , what is the first symptom we have?syphilis cancre come from small dot like pimple or what ?
because I check my penis something like pimple with same colour with my skin.not red.like small dot.i dont know if it already there before.
The chances you have syph is very low as it has been mostly erradicated in this county.

How quickly do symptoms appear after infection?
The average time between infection with syphilis and appearance of the first symptom is 21 days, but it can range from 10 to 90 days.
What are the symptoms in adults?
Primary Stage
The appearance of a single sore marks the first (primary) stage of syphilis symptoms, but there may be multiple sores. The sore appears at the location where syphilis entered the body. The sore is usually firm, round, and painless. Because the sore is painless, it can easily go unnoticed.  The sore lasts 3 to 6 weeks and heals regardless of whether or not a person is treated. However, if the infected person does not receive adequate treatment the infection progresses to the secondary stage.

Your red dot sounds like a inflamed hair folicle from your touching and checking. Dont even worry about this.
Hello life360
Recall back my exposure.after 10weeks exposure im doing syphilis test by rapid kit and result is negative.
And yesterday 13weeks after exposure,im doing full stdscan include hiv,gono,chaly,syphilis,hsv i,ii,hep a,b and etc.
Tomorrow i will get the result.
1. What method by test using rapid test , tpha or vdrl?
2. Im doing research here and found there were some people that :
    a. Vdrl poz but tpha negative
     B. vdrl neg but tpha positive.
Can u elaborate me why become like this?
3. I know syphilis test at 10 weeks was done by me is conslusive but i still feel terible if im the one that become late detection of antibody.how much % conclusive at 10weeks become negative forever (without anymore exposure)

Thanks life360.only u my reference now.
God bless you.tq
you really need to stop thinking syphilis from this encounter. it was a very low risk encounter and not likely you contracted anything from it.  you've also had no symptoms of anything at this point either.

you are your own worse enemy at this point from the sounds of things!!

grace
Dear grace,
I hope i can be strong like others but my own feeling always think bad about myself. Maybe it was guilt feeling.i will update my result tomorrow.
Hope all came back negativ.
Grace can u answer my question 2.
Hi life360
I got my result just now.
The result
Hiv i,ii negative
Hep a, b negative
Syphilis,gonorhrea,chlymadia neg
Hsv 1 the reading is higher.

400 poz
My result for hsv 1 is 4004

Hsv 2
300 poz
My result for hsv 2 is <100

Can u elaborate me about this.or anyone.tq.
Again the result

Hsv 1.
0 to 250 reading means neg
250 to 400 reading mean retest
400 to above poz
My reading is 4004.
Is this false poz bcause never had simtom and my exposure as u all say i low.is there any chance chicken pox effect the result.fyi, i have scabies during long time ago when stay in hostel.

Hsv 2 reading
0 to 250 neg
250 to 300 retest
300 to above poz.
My result is above 100. So means neg for hsv 2.
Post in the herpes forum for Herpes questions.