STDs Expert Forum
TOILET RISK

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

TOILET RISK

HELLO DR
MY SITUATION IS
AT WORK , I WENT TO THE INDUSTRIAL TOILET AT THE WORK SIDE.
THOSE TOILETS ARE BLACK, SO U CANT SEE VERY WELL.
THE THING IS THAT I WAS IN HARRY AND DIDT COVER THE TOILET SEAT.
I SEAT DOWN AND UNFORTUNLY THE TIP OF PENNIS TOUCHED THE TOILET SEAT EDGE. I FIX MY POSTURE.
WHEN I GET UP, I NOTICE SOME  DROPS OF BLOOD NEAR THE TOILET,, AND ON THE FLOOR, SAFETY OFFICER SAID THAT A EMPLOYER CUT HIM SELF, ANYWAYS, THE THING IS THAT, I AM NPOW WITH AXIETY BECAUSE I DONT KNOW IF THERE WAS BLOOD IN THAT EDGE....OF THE TOILET SEAT
IN CASE THERE WAS FRESH OR DRY BOOD ON THAT EDGE, WHEN MY FORESKIN OF TTHE TIP OF MY PENNIS TOUCHED THE SEAT , WILL PUT ME  IN RISK FOR ANY STD, OR HIV?   I DONT HAVE SORES OR CUTS ON MY PENNIS, THER WAS SOME URINE ON THE TIP OF MY PENNIS IN THE MOMENT,(MY URINE)
I DRESS UP AND GO, THE  I CAME BACK AND CHEK THE TOILET AGAIN, I WIPE OUT THE TOILET SEAT FINDING NO BLOOD, ALSO I CHEK MY BOXERS, IN CASE ANY BLOOD TRACE FROM MY PENNIS, AND DIDT SEE ANTHING.
COUD BE ANY TRASMITTION OF HIV THIS WAY?(OUT SIDE THE BODY)
CAN HIV OR ANOTHER VIRUS  GET IN MY URETRRA THIS WAY?
I AM NOT SURE MY URTRRA TOUCH THE EDGE, WHAT IS SURE, IS THAT MY FORESKIN DID.
PLEASE I AM CONCERN
Welcome to the Forum.  Please do not worry about the event that you describe.  You have already checked and found no blood on the seat. Even if there were however, the chance that it contained HIV or any other STI is very, very low and, even if there was HIV or another STI there, exposure to the environment would have killed the virus and prevented you from becoming infected.  There are no reports of anyone EVER becoming infected by HIV or any other STI through the sort of exposure you describe. I am confident you are not going to be the first.  There is no need for worry and no need for testing.  Please do not worry.  EWH