STDs Community
TPHA and RDR

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

TPHA and RDR

I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend (I realized he was cheating on me after that) back in Jan 2007. About 2 weeks later I noticed 2 ulcers appeared left-right symmetry on my vagina.  I had herpes before so I applied an ointment for it and it healed after a while. About 1-2 months later a pimple like small clear blister appeared on inside of my lower lip. It did not hurt and it healed naturally within a week or so but it reappeared once in a while for about 3 and half yrs.
In 2010 I had rash all over my face and neck. Also couple of blisters appeared on my upper lip (no pain) and my face was swelled.I rushed to dermatologist and the doc told me i had allergy reaction on something. it healed after taking the allergy medication for 3 days. but i was not sure what i had allergy for and the blisters on my upper lip are repeating and only getting worse for past 3 months. I started having red non-itchy rash on my arm and leg. Those looks like mosquito bites and only 1or 2 appears at same time which last about a week. i remembered about ulcers i had 3 and half years ago and i thought it could be syphilis. I went to take blood examination in July2010 and took RDR and TPHA. RDR and TPHA were negative. TPHA was 0.02S/CO while 1 was cutoff point. The doc told me I do not have syphilis. Can those tests confirm I have not infected to syphilis after 3 and half years from possible infection even when I have similar symptoms? if so what are other possible disease? My HIV was negative.