STDs Expert Forum
Terrified I Gave My Wife Herpes

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Terrified I Gave My Wife Herpes

I had oral sex with a girl outside marriage.  The last episode was a couple of weeks ago.  About a week later I developed a pimple like spot on the skin connecting my ball sack to the shaft of my penis.  It seemed to have a large base.  Two more smaller spots developed on the left side of my groin, in the pubic area, not on the shaft.  The spots were only occasionally itchy, when I squeezed them white pus errupted from deep within the skin -- more like classic acne than a blister.  They did not crust over and healed pretty quickly and left no scar.  I thought they were ingrown hairs -- which I have had from time to time but never three at the same time!!  

About a week later I had sex with my wife, used a condom, but inserted my penis a couple of times without.

A few days later, she complained of being totally fatigued and had a very painful swollen lymph node under her right armpit.  She rested up and applied a hot towel to the lympth node which went down.  The next day she complained of an itchy vagina with discharge.  She said it was a yeast infection which she hasn't had in years.  That got my alarm bells going.  Then this morning she showed me a cluster of red, itchy blister-like sores that had suddenly appeared on the upper right side of her back.  They look like classic herpes blisters!  The itching has subsided but I am going out of my mind.  It could be shingles but how do you explain the vaginal itchy and discharge?

Could it be early signs of ARS/HIV infection?

Help please!!!
Please relax.  There is no STD that causes symptoms within 24 hours of exposure and the various lesions that you describe, both for yourself and your wife do not sound like herpes of ARS in any way.  It is far more likely that what you are describing is a Staph skin infection.  These infections have a tendency to spread rather easily.  The best way to address this is to get both you and your wife examined.  My guess is that you are dealing with a skin infection and one or both of you may need antibiotics.  EWH
I am confused about the 24 hour exposure remark.  I said it happened 8 days ago.  I also had a risky encounter with a prostitute earlier in the year -- which as lead to my fears of HIV infection.

I am now more than ever convinced that she is experiencing ARS.  The blisters have transformed into two red flattish patches on the upper right side of her back.  The vaginal thrush has continued and she is now experiencing nausea and diaherra (diarrhea).  We are getting the blood work done today.  
Sorry about the 24 hour comment, I mis-read your question and though symptoms followed more quickly.  That said, the probability that you or she has ARS is close to zero.  Pleae let us know when you have your test results.  EWH
Tests came back Negative. Wow!  I've read so many of these posts but still managed to work myself into a total state of fear.  It's incredible.  Never been so scared in my life.  Thanks for your sage advice.