STDs Community
Test Results

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Test Results

I went to the doctor to get tested on monday and on Wednesday the test came back positive for chlamydia. When i took the pills to treat it, i noticed a couple days later a change in my discharge. It started to turn a whitish milky color and i had no pain/no foul smell. I went to the clinic today to see if everything was ok and met with the doctor on duty. He told me that it is rare that chlamydia infects just on its own and that i have something else also. He told me that i probably have herpes and there is nothing that they can do to treat it.

This is the part that really has me lost and confused.......He didn't even bother to test my blood because he said it it pointless cause there is no test for herpes that can tell apart type HSV1 and HSV2. I know i have cold sores so he said no matter what the test was going to show positive for both so just to assume that i have HSV2. Then he begins to treat me for gonorrhea and told me i need to go to my primary to get tested for everything else. Not once did he do a physical exam to even look at my discharge or even look for anything that might show i have HSV2.......

Last time i went to the clinic they tested me for type 1 and type 2..........has something changed in the last 3 months?
The provider you saw was an idiot.  

at this point, give the medication you were given a week to work. If you are still having unusual discharge at that point, return to be seen again and get properly tested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally.  

can you just have a chlamydia infection and no other std's? Indeed you can and it's quite common.

type specific herpes igg blood test would show  the difference between your hsv1 you know you have and hsv2. you can even save a buck or two and just get a hsv2 igg blood test done. you have to wait until at least 3 months after you last had sex for that testing to be done.

did they test you for gonorrhea when you were seen earlier in the week?  was that testing negative?

grace
He said that the clinic didn't offer gonorrhea testing......so i more then likely had that also. I found it odd because i have never heard of a clinic not offering that.....
every clinic offers gonorrhea testing.  One more idiotic thing he said.

honestly, find a different clinic or make sure you never see this provider again. I'd also follow up with the clinic manager about the way you were treated by this provider too!