STDs Community
Tested after 8 weeks.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Tested after 8 weeks.

Hi there, i took part in risky behaviour which could possibly have exposed me to HIV as well as other STD's. Knowing that the window period is3 months, i decided to get tested just after 8 weeks due to being very anxious and worried. I took the quick antibody test which gives you results in 60 seconds and it came back negative. A day passed and i started to feel a dull pain in my groin area, especially the area where to lymph nodes are located. I couldn't feel the lymph node or see it but still felt there was something there. I don't know if the pain was due to me constantly poking at the area or if it was something to be concerned about. What i wanted to know is, even though my 8 1/2 week result was negative, could this possible lymph node situation mean the HIV is now affecting my body and if i was to get tested agen it would show positive?
As is stated at the top of this forum - all hiv related questions need to be asked in the hiv forums.

nothing you've mentioned sounds like a symptom for any std.

grace