STDs Community
Testicle pain but negative std tests
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Testicle pain but negative std tests

Hi thanks for taking the time to read my question.

A number of months ago now I had a one night stand, and unfortunately had full unprotected sex. About four days after this I started to experience a dull pain in my left testicle with some swelling and redness. The pain is worse when seated.

After the pain began I became worried about std's. The only symptom I've had is the testicular pain. I was firstly tested for chlamydia and gonorrhoea via urine sample. Both come back negative. However still concerned, I had another urine test carried out a few weeks later, again for chlamydia and gonorrhoea and also for mycoplasma/ureaplasma and trichomonas. All came back negative.

Next the testicle was examined by a doctor, who thought everything felt healthy, but referred me for an ultrasound to be sure. Again the ultrasound didn't show anything up and I was sent on my way.

However as the pain started very soon after the one night stand, I've found it too much of a coincidence for it not to be std related. So I had another set of tests done, including blood tests, which again came back all clear.

My question is, although the tests have all come back negative what else could be causing my testicular pain other than an std? Before the pain started I had not been playing sport or taking part in any other activity which could have caused a strain, and the only thing I can put it down to is the one night stand. Even after three sets of tests I am still paranoid it could be an std.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
im in the same boat with u no std but dull pain in left testy guess we cant get a straight answer from anyone
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
If you have a question then start a thread and ask it. This poster posted July 2nd, sometime this forum doesn't have coverage because we volunteer.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...