STDs Community
Thick vaginal discharge with small spots of blood-Can someone please ex...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Thick vaginal discharge with small spots of blood-Can someone please explain?

In the past month, I have only been with one person, and caught this person cheating on me which resulted in the ending of our relationship. About a week and a half after the last time we had sexual intercourse, I was using the bathroom and discovered that I had a large amount of thick discharge. When i looked again at the toilet paper, I saw small spots of blood in the discharge, maybe 6 or 7 of them all together, each literally the size of this letter= o. I've never had such discharge before and it scared me. So every time i've used the bathroom after that, I looked closely and found the same discharge each time. Also note that a few days after the last time we had oral intercourse, I had a weird feeling in my throat, like I had an extra thick mucous ball stuck to it or something (lol sorry so gross, I don't know how else to explain it), so I'm scared that I may have an STD. I've tried looking up STD symptoms online and found that based on the discharge, its possible that I may have chlamydia or gonorrhea. Yet, I am still unsure because I am not a doctor and I know nothing about STD's other than the basics. If someone who has had a similar situation before-or someone who has knowledge of the situation-could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, please note in advance- I have already scheduled an appointment with my gynecologist, but in the meantime, before my appointment, I'm trying to find information on what may be causing this so I know what I might expect. Please don't leave me answers saying 'you need to see a gynecologist'. Any other help is appreciated, thank you! :)
I had the same thing when I got chlamydia the last time.  So, I would say that it is possible.  But have you ruled out pregnancy?  And don't be scared.  Chlamydia and gonorrhea can be cured.  Things like this have happened to the best of us.  You get treated and move on.  Just be careful of how trusting you are the next time you get involved with someone.  You will be ok.  But I advise you get a FULL std panel just to make sure.