STDs Community
Time period for symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Time period for symptoms

I had unprotected sex 6 months ago and I very recently formed a bump in the lower region. I've done a lot of research on STDs and the time it takes for symptoms to appear and what they are but was wondering if it were possible for a disease such as herpes to take 6 months before a bump first appeared. I don't believe I have any disease but I want to be 100% sure that it is most likely due to irritation of the skin or a related factor.
Tags: STD, Herpes
It is possible for genital herpes blister to take 6 months to appear because there have been reports of people testing positive and never showing a single lesion appearance.    But these are rare.  And you should have seen something within the first weeks of your exposure.   The chances are you should have known by now that you had hereps just by a visual.  

Best way to increase you confidence about STD status is to get tested.  
An igG HSV-2 and HSV-1 would be conclusive if you take them now.