STDs Community
Timeline of Chancre

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Timeline of Chancre

I understand that the Chancre starts to appear between 10-90 days with 21 days being the average.

Can only tell me how quickly it will progress once it starts. Meaning how long do the macule and then the papule stages last before there is an obvious ulcer.

Thanks.
Tags: chancre
if you have a rash, you need to be seen and get a proper work up done.  You can best be diagnosed the sooner you are seen with symptoms.

www.ashastd.org has terrific info on syphilis in the syphilis section for more reading.

grace
No rash. Just skin pigmentation spots that I have turned into possible starting points for the chancre. Looking much to hard to find something, wondering how quickly one of these 'spots' would change

Exposure was mutual masturbation with vaginal fluids from her genitals, to her hand, to my genitals 20 days ago.  I've already been advised by the Dr's that the chance of transmiission is likely zero. I failed to mention that there was also protected oral sex in my history, likely more than 3 months ago.

Anxiety has me looking for too many answers I probably don't need. Thanks for the reply, won't waste any more of the boards time on this topic.
Your not wasting our time, we are here to help. But you had a no risk encounter. Syphilis is transmitted from direct contact with a syphilis sore. And her hand is not going to have a sore on it.