STDs Community
Tingeling in penis head

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Tingeling in penis head

I am a female and have been with my boyfriend for about 9 months. He has had many partners (unprotected) and some he doesnt remember (due to drunken hook ups). I also have had other partners (protected and unprotected). We have been having unprotected sex since we have been together. I have not showed any symptoms except two tiny, flesh bumps showed up on my lip two days ago but quickly went away. I have never had any sort of cold sore or anything. My boyfriend have only slept with eachother in the past 9 months (or so i believe). We havent shown any sypmtoms until about a week ago. He started getting these things on him penis shaft that looked like tiny little dry patches that would go away. He also has a couple of flat darkish colored spots that have showed up recently. He has had some redness too. But the thing that really has me wondering is about 4 or 5 days ago, he began feeling a tingling sensation on the tip of his penis head. He said it doesnt hurt but its very annoying and uncomfortable. It is not constant. It has been coming and going for the past couple of days. Like i said, i have not shown any symptoms. I am worried it may be genital herpies (herpes) or warts? He is going to go to the doctors and get checked out but I am worried and would like some kind or idea of what it may be until then. Could it maybe be caused from stress? What could the tingling sensation be from? Thank you!
if you guys didn't have full std testing prior to starting to have unprotected sex together, time for you both to do so! herpes testing is not part of routine std testing so make sure that it is included in your testing you get done.  your future fertility may depend on this so make sure you both follow up on it since you've been having unprotected sex for 9 months.

certainly going to be seen is the best course of action. this could be many things going on but it actually doesn't sound like herpes or warts.

have you both had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace