STDs Expert Forum
Tingling Penis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Tingling Penis

Hi Doc iam male and had protected oral sex with a prostitue 6 months ago and i have had tingling in the head of my penis ever since i went to my doc he swab test me for Stds and all came back neg , he did put me on Dyoxcyline for 7 days 100 mg per day ,after this  i still had the feeling and went back to the doc and he did a urine test all came back neg its been 6 months and still have this problem what do you think it could be its driving me mad.

Regards Mark
Tags: penis, head, Oral, STDs, test
Tingling isn't a symptom of any STD; oral sex is low risk; you have had negative tests; and you were treated for several common STDs.  You can be certain that whatever is going on isn't an STD.  The best bet may be anxiety, magnifying otherewise normal body sensations.  But of course follow up with your doc if you remain concerned; or if uncertain about his expertise, consider a second opinion.  In the meantime, you can be certain it's nothing that will ever harm your health or that of a future sex partner.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
hi Doc its more like a twinge in my penis and this started the next day after the event and i had a red mark on head of penis as well which is now gone could it be from the cemicals in condom ?

Regards Mark
Hi Doc can you please comment on my other post please ?

Regards Mark
Not an STD.  Otherwise I have no comment or opinion.
HI DOC,
I have this tingling sensation at the tip of my penis for least 4years now. somtimes it happens once or sveral times a week. am done several stds test including herpes and gonerraoh and they all came back neg. my pcp tells me its nothing to worry about.
secondly doc, the glands of my penis is stripping and there are red blotches on the glands. i was given serveral antifungal oitment but done helps. am uncircumcised and i wahsed by penis req but it always has a fishy smell.