Tingling/burning sensation after brief unprotected sex
Hello. On saturday night I had a brief sexual encounter during which the condom broke. as soon as i realized it was broken i stopped immediately, but the woman continued to perform oral sex on me. The morning after and during the following two days i had a burning and tingling sensation in my entire genital area. sometimes it is more noticeable than other times, often spreading from my scrotum/base of my penis to my thighs, varying in intensity. I am extremely worried that I may have gotten some sort of STD/STI as the woman i was with is African and does not come from a well off area (this occured in Africa). I don't know about her sexual health but I am assuming the worst. So, my questions are: 1. what, if any, type of STD/STI can cause this reaction so soon after having very brief unprotected sex? 2. What STDs am i at risk for that may not have shown any symptoms yet? 3. How soon can i get tested to show conclusive results regarding what i may have caught? 4. Could this entire sensation I'm feeling be purely a result of anxiety about the encounter? i was very drunk and usually would not have done anything like this, and i am particularly worried about herpes
1. No STD
2. All STD's
3. Gonorrhea and chlamydia-5 days, syphilis-6 weeks, Herpes and HIV-3 months.
4. Yes it could be
In regards to question 2 - I will obviously get myself tested, but what would you say my risk level is? if such a thing can be estimated. I was only unprotected for a few seconds during penetration, though of course i understand that stds can be transferred orally as well
Depends on how long sex was with a broken condom. Since you said only a few seconds then the risk would be low. Oral is low risk.
thank you so much for your replies. unprotected sex must've been only a handful of seconds (definitely less than 10) as i felt the difference as it broke immediately, and stopped. i'm still extremely anxious though
bump - i've also noticed a red rash at the base of my penis as well as my scrotum. i dont know if this has to do with the roughness of the intercourse or if it is a sign of some sort of std. either way it is only adding to my anxiety, any ideas?
Not a STD. Maybe nothing, maybe fungial.
hey, thanks again for your help. i've had this burning/tingling sensation on and off for 4 days now, as well as the red patch that I noticed yesterday. The red patch is where the condom broke, as well as on my scrotum (essentially the unprotected areas). I've been reading a bit, and was wondering if this might be a yeast infection, or thrush? and if it is something fungial, are there many types of fungial infections that could have been transferred to me sexually?

I'm also starting to develop a bit of a cold, but some type of flu has been going around at my workplace too, so I'm conflicted - i'm simultaneously worried it might be herpes/fungial/anxiety/paranoia etc.

i'm so grateful this community exists!
bump - anyone have any ideas of what this might be? i've also been constipated since it happened
have you been seen yet? we can guess until the proverbial cows come home but nothing replaces a proper exam by a medical professional.

grace
hi grace, i am going to get checked tomorrow, but my anxiety is getting the best of me. i'm also currently in a country where i do not speak the language very well so i figured it would be best to tell the doctor my fears so that he can test for them?

i've had my doctors appointment now, and after showing him the rash he said it was probably nothing and that my symptoms were caused by 'fear'. he tested me for stds but the results will only be available on friday because they had to be sent to another country.

however, i am almost 100% certain that I have a yeast infection. I've had digestive problems and my semen seems to be somewhat abnormal. i told the doctor that i fear it was a fungial infection and he said that i needed to have itching in order for it to be considered one. after i insisted he also gave administered a blood test but after some online research i've realized that yeast infections do not show up on blood tests.

if i fear that it is a yeast infection, should i go back as soon as possible to the doctor, or wait until friday with the other results? as i'm overseas these medical exams are getting quite expensive - the last one cost me almost 400 USD
do they sell topical antifungal creams otc where you are at?
I'm having the same problem...did you figure out what happen?