Tiny Red Itchy spots on pelvic area
I'm 18 years old and I had sex when I was 16, but only for a short time.  Both me an my partner were virgins as I have known here all my life and neither one of us has ever had a girl friend or for her a boy friend before in the past.  But around that time every now and then I get 1 to 3 red little bumps in the hair follicles above my penis.  (Not on the penis it self, but on the skin approximately 1 to 2 inches above the base of the penis where the hair grows.) The bumps are really small and resemble ant bites.  They are itchy at times.  And when you pop them which is hard since they're so small, they bleed slightly.  They seem to last for a couple of weeks and then go away.  Then I might be completely clean for a few months, then get some again and start the whole process over again.  They do not leave any scaring and they don't appear to have any hairs growing out of them.  The are just little red spots that don't really extrude from the skin, they more or less look like acne, like on your face.  Also I have pretty bad acne on my face and I have had this for a long time, well before 16.  So I don't know if I should be worried or not, so if any one can help me out that would be great.
this sounds more like a folliculitis than anything. try to be seen when you have them and get a proper diagnosis.

grace
I was reading about folliculitis, and it sounds basically like what I have and looks exactly like what I have.  But when I researched it, the websites say that it should only last for 2 to 3 days then disappear.  Mine last for about 2 weeks then disappears and returns several months later. So do you still think this is what I have?
oh it lasts far longer than just 2 or 3 days!!!  it can be a chronic issue for some folks too.

grace
Yeah, the three or so spots last for about 2 weeks and then disappear and reappear several months later.  So even though the spots last longer than normal, these spots could still be folliculitis as you mentioned earlier? Also I don't shave or anything like that down there, so can this still be folliculitis, since a lot of the reading I've done mentions shaving causes a lot of folliculitis? Also of what I have read about the issue, it sounds like it is nothing to worry about, just simply clean the area frequently and try not to cause a lot of friction or heat in the area will help the folliculitis.  Is this what you have found as well? Thanks.
go and be seen and get a proper work up done to ease your worries.

grace
I have a boyfriend and we've been sexually active for the past three months. Ever since then; after we've had sex the area around his penis itches. He itches it till it bleeds, he says the feeling comes and goes. Mostly happens after we have sex. I dont know what is, at first i thought it was just in groaned hairs cause he trims himself down there. Can anyone help please....