STDs Community
Tiny red spot on penis shaft

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Tiny red spot on penis shaft

Ive been browsing the internet for a couple hours now trying to find something that closely resembles what I am going through and haven't so I have decided to post.

I recently (yesterday) noticed a small red area on the top (facing me) side of the shaft of my penis.  It is not raised or indented in any way it really just appears to be a red area that is about the size of a wound i would expect to have after getting a needle prick.  There is no pain at all and it does not really seem to have a defined border.  I have been std tested and was negative for everything which was march 8.  Ive been trying to get a decent look at it but obviously its hard to look at I did scratch the area  a bit to see if it was scabbed and i squeezed it and got a drop of blood to come out after scratching it.  From what I've been reading this could be anything from irritation (i have to lean across a machine at work and my crotch rubs the from of my pants quite frequently to something severe like syphilis but all the pictures i can find online of syphilis chancres are horrid and it definitely doesn't look anything like them.  I have oral herpes and know what that looks like and feels like so im pretty sure that this isnt that either since there is no itching or irritation at all and it doesnt even feel like a bump has formed.  I am looking into making a dr appt but I haven't had a primary care physician for 10+ years so i'm imagining that might take awhile.

Any help is much appreciated any questions that might help get an idea of what it might be feel free to ask.

Thank you.
I wanted to add quickly that I hadnt been sexually active for around 3 weeks before this and had then masturbated about 5 times one day and 3 times the next so I was hoping it could just be irritation from that as I do not use lube but wasnt sure how I would manage to irritate myself that much.
Unable to give you much info on this. Bumps, spots, rashes anything like that can be many different things and from the sounds if it, I would guess that it is not a STD. But only a Dr is going to be able to tell you what it is.
What type of doctor deals with this stuff Ive heard urologists but it always sounds like they mostly deal with internal kidney stuff etc. Would it be best to just find a general family practice doctor?
Last thing I went and got a magnifying glass so i could look at it more carefully..I think all the looking ive been doing has irritated it a bit more but it really is just a reddish patch with a tiny pin prick hole...Just wanted to be sure this still doesnt sound like any std.  I believe when i masturbate my thumb pinches the exact area where i have this into the area where my index finger would be so i can see how I would rub it raw that way especially if the skin was already dry.
You can see a GP to start with or a dermatologist.
Its looking significantly better now its back to what it looked like before i decided to try and squeeze/scratch it my wife looked and said it looks like a pimple to her so im not concerned atm since it seems to be healing up just fine.

Thank you for posting replies.
.
Odd this isn't my post I never posted this thread
you would have to contact the medhelp moderators for help with this issue. they can be reached at the contact us section on the bottom of the forum.

grace