STDs Expert Forum
Transmission worries

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Transmission worries
48m
4 days ago I went and had a massage, I was completely naked , she was completely clothed.
Toward the end, I masturbated myself  but the last minute she took over until I ejaculated.
I never intended this to happen and now I am very worried about an std like herpes. I have been in a monogamous relationship for 12 years.
For the past three days I have physically felt run down, a bit headachy and slight stomach cramping.
It could be a cold, minor stomach bug but the timing has me very worried.
Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the Forum. The events that you describe carries no meaningful risk for acquisition of any STD.  I would not worry about this and I can say with confidence that there is no reason for concern about STDs of any sort from this experience.  You do not need testing and your symptoms are due to something other than an infection acquired in this way.  EWH
48m
Thank you kindly. Do I interpret no meaningful risk as always some risk but remote. I read transmission via hands ( because of the nature of hands and thick skin) makes transmission extremely rare but there are issues if cuts etc?
I won't burden you with followup questions save this.

Thank you
48m

Thank you
No meaningful risk means just that.  In science one can never say never since new things are discovered every day.  I have never heard or seen an STD of any sort transmitted through masturbation, with or without cuts, sores, etc.  If there had been I would have said so.  EWH
48m
Thank you