STDs Community
Trich won't leave!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Trich won't leave!!

I just found out Oct 27 2012 I was infected with trich (which was weird because i hadn't had sex in like some months and I'm lesbian). anyway I was having some unusual symptoms I had mistaken for a yeast infection and went to get checked out. my doctor gave me 4 pills of Metronidazole and instructed me to take it in one day and i did. i was clear of symptoms for two weeks then it started back. (itching, discharge, swelling) so i went back to the doctor he said he still saw it. so he gave me an extended dosage for 7 days that's 14 pills two for each day and he also gave me an one time pill for yeast infections and instructed me to take the pill after i finish my 7day dosage to prevent a possible yeast infection afterwards. i did that and i say about two more weeks passed without any problems or symptoms. then i go to get a pap smear performed and they said I was still infected with trich AND they now were detecting bv as well so i was given another 7day dosage. now its a week and a half later and i have no more medication. I took everything as instucted, i have not been sexually active since Nov 2012 and its Jan 2013. And im still discharging and having symptoms. I have never been infected with anything before this not even a yeast infection and i have been tested for all other stds/stis and im clean. But why wont this trich go away? if i go back this will be the fourth time in three months. i feel ashamed and embarrassed and i dont know what to do. i stopped using perfumed soaps i even try to take my daily vitamins, milk, and i tried to wiped after i noticed discharge in my pants. I don't understand can i be immune to the medicine? or is there another medication i can try? each time i went to the doctor he kept giving me the same thing
We can't give you medication advice, but I don't see why you would still have Trich. I would suggest having Dr look for other possible causes at this point and rule out Trich for the moment.
Wow. I've been having this same exact problem. And it's literally been the same time frame. Granted I was sexually active with my boyfriend. But we both were treated two months ago and we have refrained from sexual activity. I ended up having it show up again. Even though we hadn't done anything. I just started showing symptoms yet again, and we have done nothing. On top of this, I'm 31 weeks pregnant. So the entire time I've been pregnant I've been battling this. It's just been back and forth. I feel disgusting and am afraid for our baby. Have you found anything else out from your doctor? Anything at all that I should bring up? I'm at a loss as to what to even say to my doctor anymore. She went as far as saying that one of us wasn't being faithful. But how does that make sense if I'm getting it and we aren't doing anything? Sigh. I'm just looking for some hope here. I need this gone for my baby's safety.
will gladly help you if you start a post for yourself with your questions - thanks!

grace