STDs Community
Trich

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Trich

I was told I had Trich about a month ago, I was treated with 4 pills all at once.  It then came back about 2 weeks after that, I was then told to take the same pills (Flagyl) 2 times a day for 7 days.  I now believe it is coming back for the third time.  I have not had sex since before I was diagnosed. They say Trich's return is very rare, but does happen. I am really worried and do not know why it keeps coming back? I made an appt but can't get in right away, but don't want to go back to the same walk in clinic if they couldn't cure it the first 2 times.  Can you maybe tell my why it keeps coming back? It is VERY uncomfortable and I just want it to GO AWAY!!!!

This discussion is related to Forum Disclaimer - Please Read before Posting.
If it is back for a 3rd time all I can assume is that the medication is not fully taking care of it so it still remains.
Have your partner treated also. You may be getting reinfected.
But I haven't had sex since all of this started because it keeps coming back. I am wondering the same on the medication, but I have finished both doses completely, it's just weird. I just want it to go away so bad!!!!!!
Keep following up with your Dr, you 2 will get a hold of this and get it cleared up.
I am no expert on stds however, I had the same issue. See if they will give you Tindamax it is used for the same thing and is much easier then flaygl. It still has side effects but not so harsh.. If your body has become resistant to the flaygl maybe Tindamax will help. I ended up having another issue and it took me 5 doctors to figure it out...or so we think we have found it out but were still doing trial and error. Best of luck I know how you feel it is very depressing when you cant figure it out and are in so much pain.
Thank you! I was hoping I wasn't the only one this has happened to!!! I have an appt for Monday, this will be the 3rd Dr., and I will definately ask about Tindamax.  I was beginning to think it was a combination of taking the Flagyl and Chantix (to quit smoking) at the same time, but both Dr's said that shouldn't matter. And you're right, it is VERY depressing! It can definately bring a person very very down!!!
Did they actually test you for trich each time or when you had discharge after the first round of treatment was it just assumed it was still trich?

grace
I was tested every time. I just got home from the walk in clinic again. Stronger dose of flagyl 4 pills a day...I tell you what, if it doesn't go away this time I'm going to FREAK!!! ;)
if this doesn't work you definitely need to change medications.

grace
I STARTED OFF WITH A FISHY ORDOR AFTER SEX I WAS TOLD IT IS BACTERIA INFECTION. IT WAS TREATED WITH METROGEL THAN I WAS TOLD ITS NOTHING JUST DOUCH WITH WATER AND VINGAR THAN I WAS WAS TOLD TO US REPHRESH GEL . NONE OF THIS WORK PERMENATLY I WOULD TAKE IT AND AFTER A COUPLE TIMES OF HAVING SEX IT COMES BACK. MY DOCTOR SAY ITS NOT SOMETHING WE CAN PASS TO EACH OTHER NOW I AM ON FLAGYL 500 7DAY. I AM SO TIERD OF THIS I DONT WANT TO HAVE SEX ANYMORE. I AM AFRAID IT IS GOING TO COME BACK.