STDs Community
Trichomonas without sex? help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Trichomonas without sex? help!

I went to the doctor last week because I thought I had a bacterial infection. She told me that I had Trichomonas and that it can only be contracted through sex. So I told my boyfriend (who I have been in a monogomous relationship with for 2 years) and he got tested. His came back negative and no hes not lying. I heard the words from his doctor's mouth.  I havent been with anybody else since I met him and before that I had not been with anyone for 2 years. Both of us took std tests right before we started having sex and we were both negative for everything.  And I have had 2 annual check ups complete with standard std tests that were negative while we have been together. I am soo confused! I have read that you can get it from a wet surface or toilet seat, but that seems so far fetched. But on the other hand I have been training for triathalons so I have been in the gym and pool non stop. I just want to know for sure how I got it so I can not get it again. Please help!!!
Hmmmmm

We don't know how you got it, and you'll probably never know exactly how you got it.  Trich is a tough one.   If you really want to know test again, but im sure they gave you antibiotics, which would affect the next testing.

Here are some facts:
False positives do happen for STDs, the tests are pretty good though not 100%
You generally get TRICH from unprotected sex.
You can get TRICH from toilet seats surfaces, towels, or the like.
You can have trich for a while undetected but this is unlikely to be your case.
You become suspectable to bacterial STDs like trich, when you are menstrating.

"Pool non-stop" I would bet my money that you aquired it there; but that's just me speculating.
Bottom line: we don't know if you really were infected or where you got it.
My doctor said he don't no how long I had it but it could be 5yrs for that is how long it's been since we touched one another... But I'm wondering if it's this easy to get is it possible to get it by sitting on toilet????
Start your own thread please