STDs Community
Trichomonas without sex? help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Trichomonas without sex? help!

I went to the doctor last week because I thought I had a bacterial infection. She told me that I had Trichomonas and that it can only be contracted through sex. So I told my boyfriend (who I have been in a monogomous relationship with for 2 years) and he got tested. His came back negative and no hes not lying. I heard the words from his doctor's mouth.  I havent been with anybody else since I met him and before that I had not been with anyone for 2 years. Both of us took std tests right before we started having sex and we were both negative for everything.  And I have had 2 annual check ups complete with standard std tests that were negative while we have been together. I am soo confused! I have read that you can get it from a wet surface or toilet seat, but that seems so far fetched. But on the other hand I have been training for triathalons so I have been in the gym and pool non stop. I just want to know for sure how I got it so I can not get it again. Please help!!!
Hmmmmm

We don't know how you got it, and you'll probably never know exactly how you got it.  Trich is a tough one.   If you really want to know test again, but im sure they gave you antibiotics, which would affect the next testing.

Here are some facts:
False positives do happen for STDs, the tests are pretty good though not 100%
You generally get TRICH from unprotected sex.
You can get TRICH from toilet seats surfaces, towels, or the like.
You can have trich for a while undetected but this is unlikely to be your case.
You become suspectable to bacterial STDs like trich, when you are menstrating.

"Pool non-stop" I would bet my money that you aquired it there; but that's just me speculating.
Bottom line: we don't know if you really were infected or where you got it.