STDs Expert Forum
UTI OR STD?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

UTI OR STD?
My problem is this. I've seen threads about risk of unprotected oral , but I did have unprotected oral and protected vaginal with a pro. Briefly my symtoms are no discharge, doesn't burn when I pee but just an uncomfortable feeling after I urinate , like there is some left inside my penis, hightened by sitting . I'm not sure if there is frequent urge to urinate or just the feeling I have to go because I don't feel completely empty. Very anxious about it all and feel like maybe this hightens the sensation also. concerned about chlam and gono but can't get in to doc until monday. thanks for all your help and all the great work you do with this forum. p.s. exposure was 3 wks ago.
The likelihood of chlamydia or gonorrhea is zero; chlamydia is rarely carried in the mouth and never documented to be transmitted oral to genital, and gonorrhea almost always would cause more prominent sympptoms than you have.  My guess is that your symptoms are related primarily to anxiety, but I cannot rule out the possibility that you have NGU due to your partner's (normal) oral bacteria.  Even if so, it likely will resolve on its own and would not pose a danger to your sex partners.

Follow through with your plan to be checked, preferably by a provider with substantial experience with STDs (e.g., your local STD or GUM clinic).  But my guess is they won't find anything.

Good luck-- HHH, MD
sorry also should note that I've been sluggish w/no appetite. Anxiety related?
I have just posted a column, similar situation to you. I also have lost my appetite, ate one meal a day the last 2 days. I think this is due to anxiety, when thinking of STD and nothing else don't think I have time to think of hunger. That's my hope anyway
"I've been sluggish w/no appetite. Anxiety related?"

Probably yes.
I've also had a very similar situation. After a night of drinking heavily i had relations with a professional. The oral was unprotected but the vaginal was protected (maybe 10 seconds where condom broke but I noticed and stopped right away). Anyway, 2 weeks later I start to feel a slight stinging(not overly painful but more of an annoyance) in the top of my penis every time I urinate and a slight leakage for a couple minutes after finishing. No puss or anything like that and my penis looks normal. Im also pretty concerned about STDs but cant get into the doctor for another week. I'm only 30 years old but is it possible it could also be a prostate problem? I sure hope the whole thing is just nervousness.
A related discussion, uti or std was started.
A related discussion, test was started.