STDs Community
Unprotected Anal sex without a condom
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unprotected Anal sex without a condom

I had an unprotected oral and anal sex, without a condom. But this is the first time I every had anal and unprotected sex. I always cared to use condoms. I would like to know, does a person simply get STDs, simply because of not using a condom? I don't know about the guy's status, but he seems alright, as we had oral sex before and nothing happened to me. But I am a bit anxious about the anal sex without the condom that we had.. I have no side-effects at all... I have had the sex two days ago. If there's an infection does it appear straightaway after the sex? or how many days does it take before it appears. What shall I do to get this doubt out of my head ? Do I have to make blood tests or what ?

Pls let me know what's going on with me 'cause I am soooooo anxious about it.

Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1331558_tn?1317691287
Not knowing the partner's status is a big no-no and a high risk for many stds including HIV. Just because the person looked all right, does not mean he does not have stds or HIV. Unprotected oral is low risk for many stds no risk for HIV because it does not happen. However, the main concern is you had unprotected anal and that is indeed a high risk due to not knowing your partner's status. The minimum for stds to show symptoms is three or more. You can get tested for gono, chlamydia, trich, and NGU in a week after exposure. Syphilis in 4-6 weeks, Herpes in 4 months, and HIV in 3 months.
Blank
OMG, so I should at least wait up to 4 months to figure out if I coped something or not. Let's say if u coped something could it be cured at an earlier stage? or some STDs can never be cured?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
www.ashastd.org has terrific and accurate information on std's, how they are transmitted and how to test for them.  It really sounds like you could use some more knowledge in general about std's!

You can test for herpes at the 3 month mark along with hiv. Most people just wait and test for syphilis then too.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank