STDs Community
Unprotected Oral Sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Unprotected Oral Sex

Yesterday, I received unprotected oral sex from a sex worker for about 10 minutes. I did not ejaculate, and I washed my penis and urinated just after the encounter. After the encounter, I talked to her and she explained she had come clean at the last test, and that I shouldn't worry about it.

The girl had no sores or blisters on or around the mouth area, but non the less, I'm a tad paranoid and worried, and I wanted to know If I am at huge risk of catching anything, and if I should get tested, and what for in case I should.

I feel awful, and I wouldn't want to put my partner at risk for yet another stupid drunken mistake.
Oral is a low risk for hsv, syphilis, gonorrhea, trich, ngu. this being said it is a low risk and we typically don't recommend testing unless you experience symptoms.
However if you feel you'll stress over it then you should just get tested for the above there is no way to tell you if you contracted an STD or not.
it's been two days from exposure. When can I get tested for Gonorrhea and NGU for safe results? Should I wait for symptoms instead? Will the results take long?

I have a steady girlfriend, and I'm more worried for her than for me, and the guilt is killing me.
tests can be done 5 days after. up to you if u want to wait for possible symptoms. again as you were told...low risk
I went to the doctor today, even though I have an appointment for monday, because I found a very small reddish spot with a white dot on the tip of my penis, just on the opening of the urethra, and I got even more worried. Still no pain while urinating (in fact, no pain at all), discharge or anything like that.

She looked me over, examined my urethra, the lesion, and checked my lymphatic nodes, and told me that the only thing she saw was a small vesicle, and gave me a cream with fusidic acid and told me to apply three times a day for a couple of days. Then she told me not to worry about the unprotected oral sex, and to resume sexual activity with my girlfriend in a few days time with no worries. She didn't think I should be tested for anything, but told me to keep the appointment for monday non the less.

I feel stupid, for what I did, and for everyting I went through these days, but I think it might serve as a lesson.

Thanks to the both of you.
today I noticed, near the small vesicle the doctor found me yesterday, another small "wound" (or whatever it is). It looks like a little (very little) patch of white. The one from yesterday hasn't become bigger, but this new discovery has made me go all worried once more.

It still doesn't hurt, while urinating or on its own, still no discharge, no swollen nodes, doesn't itch...

Should I go to the doctor again today or wait for the appointment on monday? Could I autoinflict this one while looking the other one? Could this be completely normal? I know that maybe I'm overreacting, but this thing's got me very worried...
Overreacting
The "white thing" I described seemed to be dead skin from around the urethra area, which was shedding because of the small vesicle. It's gone now, along with the vesicle, but the opening of the urethra has been very red and it looks a bit inflamated. No pain or burning while urinating or otherwise, no discharge and no swollen nodes.

I tried to forget about it like the doctor said and resumed the sexual relationship with my steady girlfriend today, as was suggested, but again, this last thing still has me worrying once more over it. Tomorrow I'll report what the dctor tells me.

Anyway, maybe I'll have to adress this anxiety, which may very well be the issue. Thanks, I'll report again tomorrow.