STDs Community
Unprotected oral with sex worker

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Unprotected oral with sex worker

Dear community.

Whilst very drunk 5 days ago I received unprotected oral sex from a Malaysian sex worker whilst in Hong Kong. There was also some kissing involved, but this was mainly light kissing on the lips. The next morning I noticed a teeth graze on the head of my penis from the oral sex. This has hugely worried me due to my limited knowledge of STDs and HIV. I want to see if I am at risk of anything based on the above.

The graze looks like the kind of mark you may get from a nail scratch on skin, and it doesn't look like there was a cut which drew blood. It has begun to heal but I am still concerned over the exposure risk.

I have a long-term girlfriend of 5 years who means the world to me, thus my anxiety is through the roof. It has been 5 days since the incident and I can only feel a dull pain (very, very mild) in my right testicle, which is not inflamed from touching. I am occasionally aware of some uncomfortableness in my groin area, but I believe this is mainly from the scratch. Are these normal anxiety led symptoms?

Your experience would be greatly appreciated. I am so scared that I will lose my partner if I have caught something.

Many thanks in advance.
hi and welcome. Unprotected oral sex is low risk for contracting but low risk does not mean no risk. Since you have a girlfriend and need to know absolutely for sure if you clean, i would have full screening for all std, and non std's and not have sex till the results came in. Dont worry as mostly likely you dont but just to get rid of the low risk factor.
unprotected oral is a risk for chlamydia, gonorrhea, ngu, hsv1, hpv and syphilis.  since you have a regular partner to protect, not a bad idea to err on the side of caution and test for chlamydia, gonorrhea and ngu after 1 week post encounter. syphilis can be tested for after 6 weeks.  

have you ever been tested for herpes to know your status?

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace
Thanks for your response life360. Are you aware of the risks if HIV from the tooth graze? Has this occurred before? I've heard that it is extremely rare for HIV to be passed via receiving oral and wanted to know if there had to be a real open wound.

Also, are my symptoms those typically suffered from anxiety as well?

Thanks so much.
you really don't have to worry about hiv from oral sex. it's a unrealistic worry even with the break in the skin.
Thanks for your response Grace.

I have only ever been tested for chlamydia and gonorreah. This was over 5 years ago and I was clean. Since then I have just had this one sexual encounter outside of my relationship.

Your advised testing times were really useful. My partner and I are having sex at the moment due to a separate vaginal skin condition for her (non-sexual ailment). When would signs of syphillis (syphilis) be encountered?

I am getting tested in one week when I am back from my travels. Thanks again.  
That should read as we are *not* having sex at the moment..
by this point you'd have advanced syphilis and not likely to have obvious symptoms. test for peace of mind so you can move forward. 5 years is too long to worry about something!!!
Does anyone know if a dull throbbing in my balls means anything? I'm so conscious of my groin area due to this incident and want to know if it can be anxiety led. This feeling is hard to describe as I am heightened to feeling anything in that area at the moment.

Thanks again.
nothing would cause this symptom this long after things.
Hi grace, are we both talking about 5 days? I hope I haven't confused things with that mention of 5 years since my last other sexual partner.

Thank you. You've been so helpful.
No 5 days would not cause those symptoms from a STD.
Hi again community.

I was using some anti-bacterial cream on my penis head to ensure I would not get an infection on the tooth graze ( which has healed very well), but I've noticed that there is now a blue discolouration around the edge of my head. I believe this is a reaction to the cream which was getting in between the foreskin and head. Or does this sound like a familiar infection?

Sorry to worry, but this is all new territory to me and I just want to cover all bases. Thanks.
Has nothing to do with a STD probably irritation from a substance not meant to be there.
One last thing before I get tested. When you refer to low risk, do you mean the probability of the other party having an infection, or the likelihood of passing an STI on when you know they have an STI. They're both different things.

Many thanks
Means the chance of getting it is not likely. While it is still possible IF that person has a STD the chance of trasmission is low.

Most people don't have STD's but we kind of have to assume that the person did have a STD when answering question.
Hi All

Just to say that I have been tested and have come back negative for HIV, gonorrhoea, syphhilis and chlamydia. I have just one last question though, as the incubation period for syphhilis is up to 90 days, am I still infectious even without any visible sores present? I intend to get tested again at the 90 day mark but wish to know what risk I pose to others. I am currently at 23 days since the incident with no symptoms.

Thanks again for all of your support. For anyone stumbling across this post, I'd just like them to know that when I consulted with the doctors here in the UK, they showed me the academic papers and medical statistics for HIV risk. There was no statistic available for having unprotected oral sex if you are the male being sucked off. That obviously doesn't mean there's no risk, but it should alleviate your concerns.