STDs Community
Unprotected sex about 2 years ago...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Unprotected sex about 2 years ago...

I had unpprotected sex with an ex boyfriend a few times, about 2 years ago. It was an extremely stupid mistake, but he said he was tested and clean. I've never had any discharge, pain, or anything... But I've read you can have an STD or HIV without having any symptoms for years. I know the only way to know for sure, is to get tested. But to ease my mind a little bit, what are the chances I would have an STD, if I haven't had any symptoms at all, over the past 2 and a half years?
why didn't you pursue full std testing after the relationship ended?  that's the sexually responsible thing to do.

grace
The chances are very slim but I'd get a test for peace of mind:)
I'm not making up excuses, but 2 years ago, I was in a rough place... I was a reckless, drugged up teenager. I've made a lot of mistakes back then, but I cannot change what happened 2 or 3 years ago. Thank you for you're response though, I appreciate your time to answer this.
keep up the "new" you and follow up on testing so you know your status for std's. make sure herpes testing is included in it too.

have you had your gardasil hpv shots yet ?