STDs Community
Untreated HPV
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Untreated HPV

Hi, I wanted to know what would happen to a female if she did not treat her HPV or go for regular pap test because of the fear of embarressment and humiliation? Is there a certain time frame as to when cervical cancer is present? How many years will it take for cervical cancer to ccur within a non-treated individual? Is it also possible that HPV can cause abnormal labia minora's, causing them to grow and to look odd and unusual? Please Let me know immediatly, Thanks

Amy.

This discussion is related to HPV Concern.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
this question would be much better asked in the hpv forum.  

thank you.

grace
Blank
I don't know if your question was answered on the hpv forum but you should get tested. There is no minimum or maximum time frame - it usually takes at least ten years for cancer to develop but it can take less.

On your second question, I think this can happen as a result of VIN1, a pre-cancerous stage in the development of vulvar cancer. It doesn't always progress, but you should have it looked at - the earlier the more likely they are to be able to treat it and prevent it developing further. Note: this type of condition is nothing to do with the cervix and so would not show up on a pap, but is just as dangerous so please get a gynbaecological exanination as soon as you can
Blank
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979