STDs Community
Untreated HPV

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Untreated HPV

Hi, I wanted to know what would happen to a female if she did not treat her HPV or go for regular pap test because of the fear of embarressment and humiliation? Is there a certain time frame as to when cervical cancer is present? How many years will it take for cervical cancer to ccur within a non-treated individual? Is it also possible that HPV can cause abnormal labia minora's, causing them to grow and to look odd and unusual? Please Let me know immediatly, Thanks

Amy.

This discussion is related to HPV Concern.
this question would be much better asked in the hpv forum.  

thank you.

grace
Avatar n tn
I don't know if your question was answered on the hpv forum but you should get tested. There is no minimum or maximum time frame - it usually takes at least ten years for cancer to develop but it can take less.

On your second question, I think this can happen as a result of VIN1, a pre-cancerous stage in the development of vulvar cancer. It doesn't always progress, but you should have it looked at - the earlier the more likely they are to be able to treat it and prevent it developing further. Note: this type of condition is nothing to do with the cervix and so would not show up on a pap, but is just as dangerous so please get a gynbaecological exanination as soon as you can