Aa
A
A
Close
Ureaplasma Urealyticum
Since about a year ago I thought I was struggling with chronic yeast infections and kept treating them over the counter myself. Finally my symptoms got bad enough that I went to the doctor and of coarse she told me I had a yeast infection. I knew I did not, did the treatment anyhow, and then insisted on having a test for basically everything. It came back that I have Ureaplasma Urealyticum. I took 20 days of antiobiotics (Josacine) and felt much better during them. One week after they were done my symptoms were back in full swing (lots of itchy abnormal discharge). I went back to the doctor and she gave me a yeast infection cream and said the antibiotics had lead to a yeast infection. I KNEW SHE WAS WRONG, but I did the yeast infection treatment anyhow just to prove that it was not a yeast. I went back, insisted on being retested, and the Ureaplasma Urealyticum is still there. So I did a second round of new antibiotics for 21 days this. Better during the antibiotics, symptoms back in full swing one week after finishing this treatment.

It has been almost a year living like this and I feel like no one will cure me, and I am tired of explaining to doctors that I DON'T HAVE A YEAST INFECTION, I knew it all along and I knew it now (in fact yeast infection treatments make it worse) What type of insane treatment do I have to get to get rid of this thing? Please help...advice? Cures? Hopeful stories?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
I know it's a pain but just keep going back 2 -3 weeks after you are done treatment to be retested to see if it's cleared or not.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20