STDs Community
Ureaplasma Urealyticum

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Ureaplasma Urealyticum

Since about a year ago I thought I was struggling with chronic yeast infections and kept treating them over the counter myself. Finally my symptoms got bad enough that I went to the doctor and of coarse she told me I had a yeast infection. I knew I did not, did the treatment anyhow, and then insisted on having a test for basically everything. It came back that I have Ureaplasma Urealyticum. I took 20 days of antiobiotics (Josacine) and felt much better during them. One week after they were done my symptoms were back in full swing (lots of itchy abnormal discharge). I went back to the doctor and she gave me a yeast infection cream and said the antibiotics had lead to a yeast infection. I KNEW SHE WAS WRONG, but I did the yeast infection treatment anyhow just to prove that it was not a yeast. I went back, insisted on being retested, and the Ureaplasma Urealyticum is still there. So I did a second round of new antibiotics for 21 days this. Better during the antibiotics, symptoms back in full swing one week after finishing this treatment.

It has been almost a year living like this and I feel like no one will cure me, and I am tired of explaining to doctors that I DON'T HAVE A YEAST INFECTION, I knew it all along and I knew it now (in fact yeast infection treatments make it worse) What type of insane treatment do I have to get to get rid of this thing? Please help...advice? Cures? Hopeful stories?
I know it's a pain but just keep going back 2 -3 weeks after you are done treatment to be retested to see if it's cleared or not.

grace