STDs Community
Ureaplasma urealyticum

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Ureaplasma urealyticum

I was diagnosed with Ureaplasma urealyticum after it being suspected at my annual appt. I am now on 100mg doxycycline 2x a day as well as my DH, he was not tested but they said he should be treated as well. We were planning on getting pregnant after my annual came back. I am reading all the stories of how it is drug resistant and people can't get it to go away. My only symptom is a milky white discharge. Nothing else, I have never even had a yeast infection.

My question is what is the Likely hood it will go away the first round of meds?

Also will I be able to carry a baby without any complications?

Is there anyone who had it and it was treated and they had healthy pregnancies/ children, I could really use some good news answers instead of all the horror stories

This is a really confusing infection any answers helps
It should go away without issues, most due.

Talk to your OBGYN about the baby question.

Most people who come on here are gone after they get one question answered so no one is going to be able to give you a story (most likely).
Thank you, my obgyn is the one that told me I had this... We don't know where it came from, either we suspect it was when my DH was using Catheters when he was having med. Issues
Oh and just a question what does the flower thing next to your name mean?
I am a community leader of this forum.
Actually Co-Community Leader.
I only have a few days left on my antibiotic and I am still having the discharge, does that mean it is ot working? =/
No that doesn't mean it isn't working for you. Give it a few more days yet. If you still have discharge a week or two after you have finished your antibiotics, be seen again for proper testing for yeast and bacterial infections as well as re-culturing for ureaplasma.

grace