STDs Expert Forum
Urethra Inflammation?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Urethra Inflammation?

Doc I'm hoping you can ease my mind. About 3.5 weeks ago after a lot of alcohol and cocaine I brought a girl back from the bar. She was givin another guy fellatio and I could not get erect. She was going back and forth giving fellatio to him and me. I masturbated roughly trying to get erect w also her giving me fellatio. After 3 hours or more of rough masturbation and fellatio I was erect then put on a condom and had sex. The next day I had much stinging in my penis head and went to the doc. He seemed to think I was not at risk. A week later I took a spare z pack and made another appt bc I still had some tingling. I am due to be married in 3 months so this has been weighing on me heavily. 2 weeks After seeing the doc the first time I saw him again and he took urine. There were no white cells and I have no lesions or discharges. Also at this time the tingling stopped. After masturbation the tingling comes back but goes Away within a day. Same w after I have sex. Is my urethra severely damaged or is this an std
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

Oral sex is low risk for STDs -- i.e. the doctor you saw, who said you were not at risk, was correct.  Second, no STD can start to cause symptoms in less than 2-3 days.  The "stinging" sensation the next day could not have been due to an STD acquired the night before; probably it was the result of physical trauma due to the prolonged, repeated stimulation.  I would have recommended against self-treatment with azithromycin (the Z-pack) -- but if you had in fact had some sort of infection from the sexual event, it would have been eradicated by that treatment.

For all these reasons, you can be sure your current mild symptoms -- tingling after sex or masturbation -- is not due to any STD.  Also, your urethra almost certainly has not been "severely damaged", and I'm confident your symptoms will fade over time.  If they continue, see a doctor for reassurance -- but I doubt anything serious is wrong.

I hope this has been helpful.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Is it all possible that I have nsu or ngu nd I have passed this on to my partner? Also is it possible that the guilt makes it seem worse?
Already answered:  I wrote "you can be sure your current mild symptoms -- tingling after sex or masturbation -- is not due to any STD".  That includes NGU.  Anyway, NGU from oral sex probably cannot be passed to partners.

"Also is it possible that the guilt makes it seem worse?"  Yes indeed.  Probably that's what is going on here.
If I wanted to be sure that I'm clean and decided to get a blood test to screen for stds, which stds can be detected by blood? I am also getting married in a place that requires a blood test to test for HIV and stds so I'm wondering what they would be, because obviously I want no surprises
The only STD blood tests required for marriage anywhere in the world are HIV and syphilis.  For that reason, you should be tested for both -- but not because of the exposure described here.  There are no other STDs detected in blood tests that are transmitted by oral sex.  

That will end this thread.  I won't have any more comments or advice.  Do your best to move on without worry.