STDs Community
Urunary Tract Infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Urunary Tract Infection

I was treated for what the doctor said was a bacterial infection after I observed these symptoms - itchy urethra near the tip of the penis plus a white discharge mostly in the mornings. This was after having sex with a woman and the symptoms came around a week after the sexual episode. Since she claimed she didn't have any problem herself I went back to her after finishing a course of antibiotic ( for a week). I think I was cured but it seems she reinfected me with the same bacterial infection. I ended the relationship at this point and went back to the doctor. After urinalysis was done, I was found to have pus and blood in the urine and the same bacteria was present. The doctor still maintained that this need not necessarily mean sexually transmitted; that the bacterial can be acquired through other ways. I differed. I was put on a 2 weeks therapy of erythromycin (500 mg) plus some 2 other drugs, one for fungal infection.
Question: What is your possible diagnosis and is it true that it was not sexually acquired given that I have had an Urinary Tract Infection before (last year) ?