STDs Community
VDRL Negative TPHA Positive

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

VDRL Negative TPHA Positive

Hi, I just got a test result back saying VDRL Negative TPHA Positive (+) at titre 1/640.  What does this mean? Please help! Thanks
  • VDRL and HIV Test (7 replies):
    I have tested for HIV and VDRL after 8 weeks all comes o...[more]
  • VDRL Treatment (4 replies):
    To: Dr. Hook im the one of apllicant going to abroad ...[more]
  • vdrl (1 replies):
    i am a vdrl posiitve last 2008 but i under go treatment ...[more]
  • VDRL Positive (4 replies):
    I am a bisexual male and i have been found positive for ...[more]
  • information (1 replies):
    hey doctor, I had a STD test in here.. They tested me f...[more]
History of syphilis in the past?  Sometimes this could be from an old infection that was treated, though I think the 1/640 is really high for an old infection.

Have you had symptoms?  What was you risk?

If it were me, I'd re-test and probably treat to be safe.
No symptoms at all
VDRL Negative,TPHA positive,has a syphilis history in the past.Is it posible that the woman will get pregnant? and what is the affect to the baby? plz help me,..
Start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
Dear Doc,

Here is my full history.

Both my husband and i had been Syphilis in the past and been treated by benzatene that was on 2004.i give birth to my first kid.and i was negative to VDRL & TPHA.my last medical record that i was negative to TPHA & VDRL was on 2009.I took medical exams again last year 2010 but the results says that i was Negative to VDRL but positive to TPHA.I want to get pregnant again...what will be the effect to my baby? and one more question, everytime my husband touch me the next day i saw this sore under the pubic hair and very itchy feeling  and a little hurt when i scratch it...sometimes i squeezed it and i found white tissue coming out from it...please me...I need ur advice...

Thanks.
Ok, maybe you did not understand what I was saying. You need to start a whole new forum dedicated to your question. Start by going back 1 screen and towars the top in green it says "Post a question". Click on that and then it creates a thread just for you. Please do so, so I can answer your question.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers