STDs Community
VDRL negative,TPHA positive

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

VDRL negative,TPHA positive

Dear Doc,

Both my husband and i had been Syphilis in the past and been treated by benzatene that was on 2004.i give birth to my first kid.and i was negative to VDRL & TPHA.my last medical record that i was negative to TPHA & VDRL was on 2009.I took medical exams again last year 2010 but the results says that i was Negative to VDRL but positive to TPHA.I want to get pregnant again...what will be the effect to my baby? and one more question, everytime my husband touch me the next day i saw this sore under the pubic hair and very itchy feeling  and a little hurt when i scratch it...sometimes i squeezed it and i found white tissue coming out from it...please me...I need ur advice...

Thanks.
was your husband ever retested to ensure he cleared syphilis too?
also did you have an rpr to follow up to see what stage it is indicating you are in, or a retest
doc, im not sure if he was cleared or not coz after injected penicillin for both of us i was monitored by my obgyne coz i was pregnant by that time.and im not sure about him.

No, I didnt have an rpr.may i ask what rpr means?
just to clarify I'm not a doctor, but a poster for the STD forum. To get a direct answer from one of the experts you just have to pay 15 dollars and post a question in the expert forum.

RPR testing is a type of syphilis test that will not only detect Syphilis but tell you what stage you are in. Also there is a chance for a false positive, you should be retested and your husband should get another test as well. The chance that you had that many false test is impossible, but your husband should follow up because if he never cleared it then you could have contracted it again. Syphilis is very easily treated as you know but depending on the stage you and your husband were in he may not have had the correct amount injection. All in all I can't tell you yay or ney your doctor is the one who will need to review this and retest ect.

again you can post for our experts in their forum
my VDRL & TPHA is positive.. Now i completed treatment of penecilline last week.. I want one clearance thet it will be negative ever or not ?........