VDRL reactive, RPR non reactive
Hi. I recently had a check up and the result for my vdrl is reactive, they test it again after a week to confirm and it's really reactive. The doctor tested me for treponema pallidum test-a confirmation for syphillis and it's non reactive.. After a week, i went to another clinic and was tested for RPR, it's non reactive. I'm really confused... Is it possible that it was because of other disease that's why my first vdrl test was reactive? please help..
HMM, there is always a chance for false positives but two in a row... this is not something you need to ask here you need ot work with your doctor and continue to do what they direct you perhaps another test to confirm.

there is an expert STD forum you would have to pay $15 but they study STD's for a living and they would be the best on this forum to answer your question as they may be able to provide you with additional information.

sorry for the lack of response but there are somethings we just can't advise
that's okay. you don't need to apologize...i understand.

it's just that im really confuse which to believe.. I mean, which is actually more accurate, VDRL test or RPR? Based on what I've read, both determines syphillis... and i know I don't have syphillis based on the Treponema Pallidum test for confirmation.

I do thank you for your response and I'm hoping for others' opinion also especially if they have encountered this particular situation. I would really appreciate it if you can give me some insights regarding this. Thanks a lot.
what is the latest treatment for VDLR if allergic to penisline