STDs Community
Vaginal Irritation... Herpes?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Vaginal Irritation... Herpes?

Doctor's opinions too pleaseee

About 2 months ago I used a douche and later that week went in to the doctor because I had both a urinary tract infection and a yeast infection. She gave me treatment and it went away. About 2 or 3 weeks later I started to have those symptoms again so I went to her and she took a culture test and gave me diflucan again if it was yeast and told me if the symptoms returned after a few days to use the metronidazole vaginal gel she also prescribed. Me being very paranoid used the gel only after a couple of days of using the diflucan. The next week, on a tuesday night was my last night to take it (and I had not been home the night before so i went 4 nights skipped one then one more night). About thurs/fri I started to experience extreme discomfort in my vaginal area with itching. I did not go back to the doctor  because I do not feel as though she listens to me and just writes me off with prescription so i decided to wait until my gyno appointment in a week. So the irritation has been going on for about 12 days now and just yesterday i noticed a red bump on the right side of my genital area (like the vaginal lips) and it hurts really bad, itches, and when i pee it sometimes burns. and now my vaginal region is very sore (maybe cervix?)

My boyfriend and I only engage in fingering and dry humping and I have had my pants off while he does not. My question is 1) is it herpes? 2) Can I get pregnant from fingering? or my pants being off when his is not?

Thanks!
Also, we are both virgins. I know that for a fact.
Your issues have nothing to do with std's. Bare genital to genital sexual contact is how you get std's. And for you to get one, you have sexual contact with someone who already has one. With you both being virgins, you have no reason to think your issues have anything to do with std's. You need to go back to the doctor though. FYI, douching is a definite trigger for yeast infections . They kill the good bacteria that are presentin the vagina as well as the bad. You using the gel withou following your doctor's instructions probably cause your already irritated genitals to flare up even worse. So, stop douching. It is one of the worst things you can do. Go back to the doctor. And Dont worry about std's until you or your boyfriend start having sex with 'experienced' people other than yourselves. Oh, and doctors don't respond on the free forums. You have to pay to post in the expert forums.
yeah i realized that i had to pay after i said that. But thanks so much! your answer reduced my stress drastically. after that first couple times of douching i stopped and havnet since. and i figured i am just reacting to the gel. my appt is soon so hopefully she will give me something to get rid of it. THANKS!
also you won't get pregnant if you aren't having sex.

www.iwannaknow.org is a terrific website aimed at teens. it covers std's as well as condom use and birth control. it's a good resource for you and your partner.

grace
thanks! its very helpful.. so the sore red bump isnt anything to worry about? at least right now?
Not as far as std's go.
alright thanks so much!!!!!!