STDs Community
Vaginal burning for 7 weeks

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Vaginal burning for 7 weeks

On December 26th I had unprotected sex and a few days later I started having vaginal burning redness and irritation. I went to the dr and was treated for yeast. Went back the next week and still had yeast so was treated again orally and with cream again. Symptoms didnt go away so I went back for another swab. They saw some bacteria so I was then treated for bv.  The symptoms didnt go away so the dr did a yeast culture as well as a herpes culture although I had no sores or lesions. Both came back negative. I have also been tested twice within the past 7 weeks for stds which came back negative. I have been prescribed different creams  that do not help. 2 weeks later I had two cut-like areas on my inner labia near my urethra. The dr said it was due to irritation from the discharge but went ahead and did another herpes culture anyways which came back negative for type 1 and. 2. My blood test is negative for both type 1 and 2 as of right now but I know I need to wait until about 12 weeks before a more accurate blood test. The burning is constant but mainly as so as I sit down. It's not as bad when I'm standing or sitting. I don't know if this could even be herpes. Now the dr has me on estrace cream as a last result but I am only 24 years old and I don't know what to do. I am on the birth control pill continuously which means I don't have periods and the dr knows this and I have been on the same pills for a few years . I just don't know what to do and would like some advice!!
no, herpes wouldn't cause these symptoms for this long.

this could be something as simple as irritation and dryness at this point. if your provider isn't seeing any signs of yeast or bacteria, discuss if using topical estrogen for a few weeks might be helpful at this point to strengthen the skin.

you also can use a barrier cream externally until you are seen again ( desitin, aquaphor, any butt rash cream ). it will help soothe irritated skin as well as protect it from irritation and friction.

grace
Thanks for the advice. I started using estrogen cream topically Monday and the dr wants me to use it Monday Wednesday and Fridays. I'm still having burning mainly as soon as iI sit or my legs are together when laying on my side but my vulva doesnt seem as red. I'm not sure how long it takes for this cream to start working. Do you know normally how long it takes?
unfortunately it can take a month or two for it to start working enough to stop your symptoms :(
did you doctor do a yeast/bacteria culture? I have the same experience but when I went to the urgent care I had used Monistat just hours before and I in the past monostat has burned which could have made things worse for me (I think) plus I was thinking that the culture tests could be compromised because of the monostat. I also was tested for UTI but that was neg. I was still given Diflucan and that seemed to help as my symptoms got better but then a few days later they were back. In addition ( I am 3 weeks into this) I have "burning" while sitting. It is NOT CONSTANT. I have basically talked myself into herpes but now I am going in on Friday to have a full exam again to check for EVERYTHING. I will have  a blood test in June. Keep me updated. I wish you all the good luck in the world :)