STDs Community
Vaginal discharge and odor

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Vaginal discharge and odor

I had a pap smear done last november and it came back inconclusive and i needed a colpscopy done but my insurance wouldn't cover it so i never had it done. Now, i've been having heavy yellow discharge that really stains my panties really bad and sometimes it carries a odor. I even often have a itch...no break out around that area. But i have broken out all over my body at some point and times with little bumps. Do i have a STD?
Is the odor fishy?  Fishy odor is Bacterial Vaginosis-women who are not sexually active can get this.  It is an imbalance to the natural flora of the vagina similar to a yeast infection but bacteria instead of yeast.  Hope I didn't make that sound more complicated than it is.

The other thing it sounds more like to me is trichomonas.  It is a bacterial std that does not usually show symptoms in men.  They usually don't know they have it unless a woman they were with tells them.

It is important you try to get proper testing done with abnormal paps.  You don't want to put it off, then have to battle cervical cancer.  I know exactly how discouraging it is with cost, but try...even if you have to make payments.  It doesn't hurt to ask if that is an option.