STDs Community
Virus/bacteria reactivation?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Virus/bacteria reactivation?

Thank you for reading. I am worried about my baby boy. He is ten months old. My wife and I bought a house in May of 2011. It was such a dump that we needed five dump trucks to get all of the garbage out, and we are still currently remodeling and replacing things such as screen doors. My wife at one point came across the medical record of the people that lived here. She found that the person has cancer and hepatitis among other details. The people could have had any disease. We kept very few of their things.

One of the things we kept here was a book about sex. I had come into physical contact with it multiple times during the cleanup and remodeling of our house. One day either before during or after we moved in, I looked at the book and used it to masturbate. I got sperm/semen on the book. I don't know how long the sperm/semen stayed on the book before I wiped it, but I'm thinking it was minutes. Most likely an hour or less. I think my worrying is hurting my memory of this situation. Shortly after cleaning up the sperm/semen from the book, I had to go take care of the baby. Maybe changing his diaper, cleaning him, or feeding him food or a bottle. I am worried that my sperm/semen acted as a host and could have absorbed any virus and/or bacteria, etc. from the book and while on my fingers/hand, etc., got into his body some way, whether through his mouth or into his butt or front private area while changing a diaper or any other way. Since I had come into contact with the book before and who knows what other objects here that belonged to them, I am worried about this instance the most, but other objects in the house have been worrying me as well, seeing as I could have masturbated and got sperm/semen on this book before or another object. For example, I was worried about another of their books, maybe because I figured that book had touched the sex book. Or their computer equipment, because use of internet porn is common, and they could have had bodily fluids on the keyboard or mouse, for example.

I guess my question is: Can a virus and/or bacteria, etc,  if it wasn't already alive and active on an object, be reactivated/reanimated and absorbed by contact with a bodily fluid and then be contracted by me or transmitted to a person if I still have that same bodily fluid on me? I don't know if I had gotten bodily fluid on the book before and if I did how long before this instance. Is this bodily fluid able to act as a host? I'm worried that once it touched the object and or the virus and/or bacteria, etc., it made it alive and was able to sustain it. I don't like to assume, so please correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that the virus and/or bacteria, etc. was probably not contagious when we first bought the house, before I touched these objects.

Thank you again. I look forward to your response.
No STD would have been alive. No one had a STD risk.