STDs Expert Forum
Wart/bump/pimple; scared

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Wart/bump/pimple; scared

Doc - I noticed this morning that I had a hard feeling, single bump on the side of my penis that is freaking me out (just under the penis head). I was touching it and pus started to come out...so I squeezed it to drain more of it.  Its a white substance that comes out as well as some clear substance. I still feel the hardness of the bump and when I squeeze it later, there is more pus coming out.  Plus, it seems like the pus is coming out of two areas related to the bump. I am circumsized and it looked like the pins that hold the foreskin together was one point of exit for the pus along with the original bump area (kinda right next to each other).  I'm hoping this is not something serious but I definitely would like your opinion as well.  I noticed this bump exactly a week after a sexual encounter (heterosexual) where it was proctected vaginal intercourse but unprotected oral sex which lasted for a good 30 minutes.  I'm scared that she had something and passed it along.  Some questions I have...(1) Is this something to worry/stress about?  (2) Should I drain more of the substance out as the days go by?  (3) Does it sound like I need to put any type of ointment on it or?  (4) I made an appt with a dermatologist but should I go to my gen practice doctor instead?  (5) Do you think it could be herpes or genital warts?  (6) What do you think it can be?
Thanks for your opinions in advance.
No STD causes the problem you describe.  It's probably just a pimple, an infected sebaceous cyst, or some similar condition.

1-4) Don't worry/stress about it.  Don't put any creams or ointments on it, and definitely stop messing with it; those things will do nothing but increase the inflammation and make it harder for your doc to make an accurate diagnosis.  Definitely see a provider; I don't think it much matters whether it's a dermatologist or generalist. 5) Probably it isn't herpes. 6) See above.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
how long does it have to be there to cause some concern, not that its not already causing it but I first noticed the bump on Friday and it really hasnt decreased in size since then.  Do you know what it can be due to this time frame?  Same thoughts as above?

Thanks.
I cannot speculate further about non-STD causes.  See my reply above about seeing a health care provider.  Stop trying to figure it out by online searching, which will never give a clear answer.