STDs Community
WebMD said I have Cancer AND Herpes. Not too convinced.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Ok docs...to start, I'm a 20 year old male, and I am sexually active (otherwise I wouldn't have a worry, right?). I've been freaking out y'know, because I know I've been clean....but I have had intercourse within the past day and the day before. Now, to cut to the chase; I've been concerned about a few things, and first and foremost is this spot on the shaft of my penis. On the left side, midway up, theres a red, and somewhat dry spot of what seems to be irritated skin and I can see the blood vessels under that spot as well. I assumed it was probably due to some of the friction in the sex as she is a somewhat petite girl.

Another one of my concerns is under my tongue. At the base towards the back of my tongue (close to my back molar) is a bump, so immediately I thought some kind of std. Though, out of all the pictures I have seen through research, the bump does not resemble any of the herpes bumps, etc. Its more like a swelling right under one of those little flappy skin type deals under the tongue. It does not resemble a blister, and worried, I took a sharp device and opened it up at the base to find a little blood come out (probably just cut myself for nothing). I do have another bump on the inside corner of my mouth, but not on the lip line. Its a red bump, almost perfectly round and painless. I've had similar bumps that went away, so I dismissed it; though, now in conjunction with these other two concerns....I can't be too sure and would rather have an expert opinion.

Anyone might know what it is? Maybe you've seen it before?
Want an expert opinion then see a Dr.

Spots, bumps, anything like that can be many things often not a STD but only an Dr with an exam is going to be able to give you an indication of what it is.
stub your toe and webmd's symptoms checkers will think you need it amputated because it's cancer. really, don't use those things on any website!!

first off - never stick sharp objects inside your mouth to try to pop something!!!  your symptoms don't sound at all like herpes going on orally either.

your mark on your penis doesn't sound std related either.

have you and your partner had full std testing that included type specific herpes igg blood testing as part of it? do you use condoms?

have you both had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace