STDs Community
Weirdest STD - doctors are puzzled

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Weirdest STD - doctors are puzzled

Hi everybody,

background story: I enjoyed a short vacation on Bintan Island (northern Indonesia, close to Singapore, tourist attraction). There I met an attractive Indonesian singer from Borneo. We got along really well, not at any moment did she seem a prostitute. We kissed, she gave me a blowjob, that was it. She never wanted money, never even exchanged numbers or email address. She told me that she would never do prostitution, too dangerous (health, etc.). So I didn't consider any danger.
Three (!!) days later, I felt a tingling in my urethra. It stimulated me, I masturbated around 6 times. Later that day, my glans (glands) penis began to swell and an area about 1cm in length of the corona of the penis (the "neck" of the penis head) started to swell really bad, it became darkish red. An inflammation. Also, the skin changed, there were four 2mm red plaques, that hurt. Most notably, the corona of my glans (glands) was pulled "upward" by the inflammation, so the line was not straight anymore. So I caught something... great.
7 days after the blowjob I went to an STD clinic and they did a smear. They detected NGU (non-gonococcal urethritis). I got doxycycline for 2 weeks, 200mg/day. This created a hairy tongue and itching of my skin, which soon disappeared after finishing the therapy.
Problem: It's been almost 4 months now: the dark spot is still there, but getting slightly better by the week. The glans (glands) is still "pulled upward", which destroys me mentally. The plaques are smaller, but still there. Every time after masturbation, my penis burns, turns red, hurts very much for about 2 hours.

The doctors are puzzled, all tests have been negative so far, only HPV 16 and 6 are positive, but those could have been acquired earlier. So I have an inflammation of the penis head that is ugly and doesn't go away. The doctors are puzzled and don't know what to do.

Any ideas? Is there some weird STD in the Asian world not known in Europe? Does anyone have a clue????

Help is VERY DEEPLY appreciated, thank you.
unfortunetly it is found that men will have exsisting symptoms after an infection of NGU, I would highly suggest working with your doctors, there may be nothing they can do but I couldn't tell you for sure...

There is an experts forum in which they study STDs it does cost 15$ but it may be worth it if they can give you advice that is usefull.
Well, it's not the urethra that hurts, it's the glans (glands). The initial smear contained 40+pus cells, now it is zero. So the NGU is gone, just the glans (glands) is irritated and that 1cm part of the penis head "collar" (corona of penis).
have you followed up with an urologist for this?

grace
Yes, he only prescribed an antibiotic cream for the balanitis, which did not really help. They did some extra swab tests, this time by a well known specialist here, let's see if they find something.
I read a bit online and found that Mycoplasma genitalium might fit with the symptoms. A study from 2010 links it to NGU and balanoposthitis. Doxycycline often does not clear it up, that would fit, too.
have you received the results of all this additional testing yet?  Really not too much we can add at this point with all your negative test results. many non-std related infections out there as well as many dermatological issues too that can effect the genitals.