STDs Community
Went to the doctor about a Bartholin Cyst... now I have white blisters ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Went to the doctor about a Bartholin Cyst... now I have white blisters on my labia

Hi there,

So I was diagnosed with an abscessed Bartholin cyst yesterday morning and have started Ciprofloxacin, but now i have random white blisters on my labia minora maybe around 8 of them in total. I was wondering if this could possibly just caused by the irritation of holding heat packs down there, and constantly readjusting the area because of the discomfort from the cyst.

Thanks.
did they also test you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you were seen?

these blistery or just bumpish?

grace
They didn't test me for yeast or bacterial infections. They don't really look like blisters but more like whitehead pimples. There was one pimple present at the time, but the doctor did not seem concerned about it. The few that I had have popped now from the 6 sitz baths I've had today... They were not in clusters or touching, so it doesn't look like the pictures of herpes blisters I saw on Google Images. Any ideas what this could be? I went off Nuva Ring two weeks ago (I was on it for 2 years), so maybe this could be caused by some hormonal change?
probably non-std related.  

it's unfortunate that they didn't do more testing when you were seen.  at this point give it a week and see if it gets better after the antibiotics take care of your infection.  
Thanks gracefromHHP!

I went back to the doctor to get swabs done, but most of the sores are gone now. I will keep on the antibiotics and hope that whatever it was never comes back!