STDs Community
What could cause a false positive for Gonorrhea?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What could cause a false positive for Gonorrhea?

My fiance and I have been together for almost a year and last week I had my pap and other tests done at my doctor's office. Yesterday my doctor's office called and said I was positive for Gonorrhea and had to come in to be treated. I haven't cheated, and I 100% believe that he hasn't, but due to that positive result he is leaving me and doesn't believe that I didn't cheat. We have both been tested together twice before this at our doctors office and were negative for everything. My doctor is saying he must've cheated and his doctor is telling him it must have been me. I went in to my doctor's to get re-tested today, and he's getting tested tomorrow, but while I wait for the results we're destroying our relationship, which involves two children. When I was tested the first time that it was positive it was from my pap, but at the time of the test I had Vaginosis, a bladder infection, and a yeast infection, all three of which I get all the time and have gotten a lot since I was younger, I guess I'm just prone to those infections. And on Monday of last week my doctor put me on Clindesse for the Vaginosis, Diflucan for the yeast infection, and Cipro for the bladder infection. And then when I went back today for my re-testing and treatment, my doctor told me I also had an infection called"strepp" something, I forget the name, but she said it was from anal sex. So I guess I really need to know what could cause a false-positive, and if there is anyway to contract Gonorrhea other than vaginal,anal, or oral sex. And also if any of my other infections I had at the time could've caused a false positive result. PLEASE help me out here because my doctor isn't doing a good job at that at all and my family is on the verge of breaking up. Thank you very much.