STDs Community
What do I have, if anything?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

What do I have, if anything?

Late september this year, I had sex for the first time with my first girlfriend. She had a total of 2 partners before me, all of which she used protection with. She never experienced any symptoms and she recently got tested again, and came back all negative. However, 5 days after first having sex with her (vaginal and oral unprotected penetrative sex), I experienced a mild burning sensation upon urination. Then, primarily in the mornings, I would get some mild discharge that, for the most part, could only be seen if I "milked" it from my penis. The discharge would sometimes not be there, and was fairly infrequent, as was the pain upon urination, which only happened on occasion when urinating. I also noticed that there seemed to be a red, inflamed area on the left side of the inside of my urethra. I went to my local clinic, and they tested me for chlamydia and gonorrhea and gave me doxycycline 100mg twice a day x 7 days. The tests both came back negative, but the doxycycline seemed to rid me of all my symptoms. 3 days later, they came back. I went to the clinic again, and this time they said I probably had a urinary tract infection (I had a high amount of white blood cells or protein or something in my urine), and gave me cipro (I don't remember the dose, but I think it was 500mg twice daily for a week), which seemed to lessen the symptoms while I took it, but they came back full force (which, I will reiterate, was not bad at all) upon the finishing of the prescription. My friend had a doxycycline prescription for acne, so I got some more from him, tried the same 100mg twice daily fro 7 days, but this time it seemed to have little to no effect. I gave up, and didn't go back to the clinic because they weren't any help and because my symptoms were by no means bad, but it was more the idea of potentially having a std that worried me. However, over time, the dysuria completely stopped, and the discharge has significantly lessened (now only the slightest amount when I "milk" it out, but still there). However now, roughly 3 months later, I have noticed, or at least think I notice, a redness around the opening of my urethra that extends slightly into the center of the head of my penis. Also recently, I have noticed that every now and then I will feel a slight pain in my left testicle that shoots down my leg. I will note that I have previously torn muscles in my back and have had recurring nerve related problems, and this could be completely unrelated, as it has happened before. However, what has scared me, is that last week I noticed that there were 2 red blotches on the shaft of my penis, closer to the base, and one red blotch on the underside on the front of the bottom of the head of my penis. I have been treating them with lotramin cream (clomitrazole) and keeping them dry with baby powder, and they seem to have almost completely disappeared. The spots did not itch, hurt, have any texture or elevation, did not excrete anything, and were basically just a rash-like looking discoloration, but still very noticeable. Some things to take into account, I am in college and on occasion re-use underwear without washing it, but nothing to a degree that would make me think twice about it. I am also highly active and frequently lift/run and play many contact sports (mma/jiu-jitsu/wrestling). I know I didn't really pose a question here, so here it is. What did I initially have, if anything? Will it go away on its own? And if I had something, did it cause the spots on my penis, and if it didn't, what did and should I be concerned?
stop milking your penis to look for discharge. std related discharge would never need milking and you are just irritating your penis needlessly.  

sounds like you have a fungal infection genitally now from all those antibiotics :(  

should you get a return of symptoms, be seen for a proper exam and urine testing again as well as ask them to check your prostate manually too. you didn't have std's prior to this and your gf tested negative most likely for the ones that would be causing your symptoms ( odds are her std testing was only chlamydia, gonorrhea and hiv she had done ).  

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers