STDs Community
What do you do if you have recurrent Trich?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What do you do if you have recurrent Trich?

I have been treated multiple times for trichomonas.  I have NOT had sex with anyone, no toys, no nothing.  It's not going away.  The discharge is limited when I'm on the medication, but it always comes back.  How easy is it to go to Europe or Japan and obtain the other treatment that the FDA has not approved.  Any suggestions on treatments?  I've used multiple treatments of flagyl, vaginal creams, vinegar douches, I need something and soon--it's been a year and I'm going crazy.

thanks,
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
How are they diagnosing you with trich?  If you are male, its very hard to find.  (If you aren't male, it would be helpful if you change your gender in your profile so your avatar will be female.)

Are you taking a one time flagyl dose, or is it a 7 day course?

Aj

Blank
I'm not male--I've taken a one time flagyl dose 3 times.  I've tried taking a stat dose then 3 pills a day for 14 days then a stat dose at the end (& other combos too).  I've tried betadine douches and then like some "miracle" my doc says, oh you really should try a vinegar ****** because trich HATES an acidic environment...like I haven't had this for a year and now all of a sudden the great insight.  I think I'm one of those recurrent trich patients who does not respond to Flagyl (do you think--sarcasm attached)....and yet now what?  I've heard others get rid of it but I'm not one of them.  The really weird thing is I have a culture that's positive and then it's negative but I still have all the discharge...what is going on?  And again, NO intercourse -- hurts too much -- no toys nothing at all that could reinfect me..it's simply NOT going away.
Blank
There have been increasing data showing an increasing resistence of Trichomonas to Flagyl. A new medication is available.Tindamax.Ask your provider about it.  This may help..take care
Blank
Thanks a million--of course my physician(S) both have said flagyl is it...I was getting ready to go overseas to get my hands on a different drug that our FDA has not approved, but it seems it's in the same family as this Tindamax...I'll be calling on Monday for a prescription.  
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Good luck!

Aj
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources