STDs Community
What does of VDRL (RPR) use for?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

What does of VDRL (RPR) use for?

Dear friends,
Here my blood test results that I did at (87 days) from the four things that I did with unknown state of girl and I had to wait one week to take them "because I couldn't take Chlamydia's result before one week" however they were:
VDRL(RPR)
NON reactive

Syphilis TP(CMIA)
NON reactive

Chlamydia IgG:0.43(negative)
1.1 Positive

Herper Simplex type II IgG : 0.16 (negative)
=1 Positive

Anti HIV1/2 (EIA)
NON reactive

I know that my risk was so low and everything was negative . BUT:

MY QUESTION IS what does VDRL (RPR) use for? And what does that mean, Is that I didn't have GONORRHEA  and Herper type I or what?

PS1: I am 27 years old I am a straight man in a good health . I am a circumcised one .I am an immune one of HBV the test still shows > 1000. Never ever drunk and never ever used IV drugs.

PS2:My case was the only one of episode of unprotected of Oral sex that I did in my whole life with unknown HIV girl ,but I "my intuition" nearly sure that she has something (such as HIV, HCV or both of them) , however I was an insertive partner which only my penis was sucked by her for a seconds + sharing the same straw of Coal glass for one time and for a seconds + one dry kiss(just Lips on lips, not french kiss) for a 3 seconds + fingering her above her underwear for a seconds for less 3 mins.

Thanks a lot.
Tags: vdrl, test
I have no idea why they tested you with both a VDRL(RPR) and a syphilis TP.  Both are syphilis tests, and they are negative.

Aj
First of all thank you,
After all above mentioed things and inparticular PS2  +   that I have never ever noticed anything regarding GONORRHEA and NGU or anything else So should I be a worried one after all that.?

I mean can I get rid from the craze of both of HIV and STDs forever from those things that I did?
First, most people do not have HIV.  Maybe your intuition is anxiety.

Your chances of getting HIV from receiving oral sex is zero.

Even less people have HCV.  There is also zero chance of getting it from this encounter.  HCV is spread only in blood.  Her blood would have had to get into your bloodstream, and none of the activities you did would do that.

At 3 months post possible exposure, with no symptoms, you are very unlikely to have gonorrhea or NGU.  You are also VERY unlikely to get it from a few seconds of oral sex.  That, combined with no symptoms, tells me you don't have gonorrhea or NGU.

However, since you seem very anxious about this, and even used the word "craze", I have a feeling that you need to test.  You were NOT tested for gonorrhea or ngu.  It looks like you had a chlamydia blood test.  For gonorrhea and NGU, you should have them do a urine test.  

I do NOT think you have either, and see no need for testing, though.

Aj

Really thank you so much , and again i am going to donate after 10 days  , that in my country they check up the blood to accept such as ( HIV, HCV,HBV and other required tests really I don't know . If I did donation then no need for any test . my dr said.) becasue our government hospitals do all the required tests  to accept the blood ..
and when I did donation 3 months ago then I asked the nurse about my results and then she said me if you had anything we would call you , so you are negative and also she checked up my results from her computer and then she said HIV, HBV and HCV were negative and for other tests also negative , but really I don't know what were tests?

So do you know what are tests that done after blood donation?

Blood donation is never a good way to test for stds, and you shouldn't ever donate when you aren't feeling well.

I don't know what country you are in, but in the US, they don't test for gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, etc.  They only test blood for things like HIV, the hepatitis viruses, syphilis, etc.

Aj
Thank you so much , and GOD bless you.

After all "Negative/NON-reactive" tests regarding STDs including HIV1/2 (EIA)tests which were done at 12.5 weeks and also more than 10 tests of HIV1/2 using different tests where done in different Labs (5 tests of EIA done in BP international Lab and more that 6 tests of the 3 rd generation of rapid HIV1/2 test done at my Dr's lab ) and in particular the last one of rapid HIV1/2 test was done at 36 weeks , So according to your experience and to what you have read about HIV and STDs, so can I move on and get rid from the craze of ALL STDs and forget what happened with me from the things that I did?

PS: take in account the donation at 28 weeks that everything was negative .Nurse said.

Why not go for a Chlamydia, Gonorrhea swab test.  I believe that is how they test for these two STDs.  

I agree with AuntieJ, since you have no symptoms it is unlikely you have these two STDs but why not just go for a swab test.  
Dear friend,
Thank for your advice , but I already did Chlamydia IgG:0.43(negative) test . but as for Gonorrhea I also asked my Dr and friend about that and they said me if I had Gonorrhea or NGU then I should notice a small red sore or something like that around my penis and also my penis should be a red   , and it has passed more than 40 weeks and till now  no any sympotms for all STDs and in particular for Gonorrhea .
However really after all negative STDs at 12.5 weeks and more than negative of 10 tests of HIV1/2 tests at 36 weeks  , I should stop my worrying about that .

And Also I am going to donate near

Thanks a lot.